What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

STLYoungblood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Ocean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Got my wheels/tires from discount tire. Everything looks great, and the 315 look huge compared to stock, but I didn't get the spline lug adapter, so I got the first wheel on bit not tightened. They are overnighting a new tool, but I'm out of commission for the moment. Either way, I'm excited!

image0.jpg

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Well, yesterday i got my arb locker installed. Driving it around more today on my commute every time i brake it sounds like my rear end is going to fall out. Pretty sure the shop set up the backlash way on the loose side. As i did not have this before.

And also i had to go back and fix the air leak because the did not install the transition piece from copper line to airline right and it was also missing the oring inside to seal it. Wish i had the tools i would have done it myself.

Hopefully they will fix it, if not the slamming is so loud and hard it would not surprise me if it started chipping the teeth.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Hope you don’t tear shit up before you bring it back.......:facepalm:
Im gonna call/show up tomorrow and my guess its going to be a warranty battle. They are going to blame my gears cuz they didnt install them I know it. I really hope it doesnt happen like that though. Sucks so much lol

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Im gonna call/show up tomorrow and my guess its going to be a warranty battle. They are going to blame my gears cuz they didnt install them I know it. I really hope it doesnt happen like that though. Sucks so much lol
That sucks dude...hopefully they step up.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
PM who did it so I take them off my list of shops to trust to install gears so far I only have 1, and it’s a drive from San Diego. If I had a lift I would just do it in the vehicle,

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
PM who did it so I take them off my list of shops to trust to install gears so far I only have 1, and it’s a drive from San Diego. If I had a lift I would just do it in the vehicle,
Pms keep giving me server errors trying to send, if yours works just pm me your number ill text it to you and show you the audio of it lol

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Actually i found part of the problem. Its even better than i thought....the brake calipers have no bolts in them

D4716511-5491-4D5C-95FE-9E2EE693976F.jpeg

DEA1646E-ABFF-48DB-A64D-02BABFC46E57.jpeg

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Holy chit! Did you that was an outside shop or your dealer?
At this point im just going to name drop. Not even the diff cover bolts are tight enough and it leaked fluid so its probably empty in there too. @RebelOffRoad did the install

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
At this point im just going to name drop. Not even the diff cover bolts are tight enough and it leaked fluid so its probably empty in there too. @RebelOffRoad did the install
Wow! That's a big name place for that type of work. Don't they do quantities of rear ends, gears, lift work? That is astounding. I'm sure they will be be embarrassed. Maybe call them and have them come pick it up on a flat bed? ?

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Holy crap! I hope they step up on this. How does something like that even happen??

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Actually i found part of the problem. Its even better than i thought....the brake calipers have no bolts in them

D4716511-5491-4D5C-95FE-9E2EE693976F.jpeg

DEA1646E-ABFF-48DB-A64D-02BABFC46E57.jpeg
Holy crap dude! Sorry for your misfortune. Exhibit A of why I hate letting any shop touch my vehicles. I can’t do gears, so I’m at there mercy for that kind of stuff too. I hope they make it right and repair anything that may have been Fubared.