Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Hey @TeraFlex,

What’s the difference between the Alpine front lower control arms and the Alpine IR front lower control arms? Besides $136 of course.

Thanks.
Sponsored

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
Hey @TeraFlex,

What’s the difference between the Alpine front lower control arms and the Alpine IR front lower control arms? Besides $136 of course.

Thanks.

Here is a great short little video on the difference between the standard Alpine bushing and the new Alpine IR bushings.

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
Hey @TeraFlex,

Thanks.
Advantages:
  • Provides max articulation
  • Will be friendlier on your control arm mounts under max articulation conditions
  • Theoretically you’ll never have to replace the bushings; only a concern if you plan to do trails that require max articulation and plan to keep you Jeep for 5+ years.
    Poly or rubber bushings wear out, especially under max articulation; I hate replacing bushings, so I went IR.

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
Advantages:
  • Provides max articulation
  • Will be friendlier on your control arm mounts under max articulation conditions
  • Theoretically you’ll never have to replace the bushings; only a concern if you plan to do trails that require max articulation and plan to keep you Jeep for 5+ years.
    Poly or rubber bushings wear out, especially under max articulation; I hate replacing bushings, so I went IR.

Thank you!

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
Thank you!
Sure. And the worst thing (to me) about bushings going bad is the sound. You’ll start hearing clunking and if you’re like me, it’ll drive you crazy until you track down and eliminate the cause. (Of course, it may not be control arm bushings, it could be a shock or track bar or steering components.) Then, you have to remove the control arms and find someone with a million pound press to swap out the bushings. Perhaps if I had enough garage space to leave my Jeep disassembled for a while it wouldn’t be so bad, but I have to do all the work in a day or weekend.