Sponsored

Alpine IR front UCA clamp angle

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Hi - I have a set of Alpine IR control arms installed in my rig and they seem to be working great so far. During the install, however, I noticed the front upper arms both had the clamp offset (towards the passenger side) to the center line of the arm. This causes the arm on the passsenger side to leave the clamp ears/bolts very close to the frame.

Is this offset expected? Is there a way to rotate the clamp? During the install I attempted to rotate it by hand but didn’t want to risk damaging anything so did not apply leverage or force.

It currently clears the frame by about 1/8”, but I’m concerned with it rubbing through high angles of articulation.
Sponsored

Wolfslash16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 JKU Firecracker Recon.
The clamps can be close in clearance in they way they are assembled, but they should clear the frame during arm movement. However they can be rotated on the arm if a different position is desired.

OP
OP
Quick

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
The clamps can be close in clearance in they way they are assembled, but they should clear the frame during arm movement. However they can be rotated on the arm if a different position is desired.
Thanks. I"ll have to yank the upper arms and try and move the clamps again. I attempted to swivel them a bit when I first installed the arms, but as mentioned, was unable to without what felt like excessive force.
Sponsored