2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

cfenoglio

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 2dr Rubicon, 2017 4dr rubicon, ordered a 2018JL 2dr rubicon
Ordered 2dr rubicon, auto, sothtop 12/15,still in D. Dealer says will build 3/12,jeep chat just keeps saying looking for parts. I did a search near Houston then Toledo, no 2doors in transit or at dealer.............0.
Sponsored

FireWire

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram EcoDiesel, Polaris RZR900, 2018 JL Sport S
Has anyone one heard if they have started building 2 door JLs yet?

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Grand Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist, Gunsmith and Dumbass Whisperer

Sponsored

FireWire

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram EcoDiesel, Polaris RZR900, 2018 JL Sport S
I was actually hoping for a real answer

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
I was actually hoping for a real answer
Yes they are. And sometimes it's better to scan the first couple pages of thread titles to see if we're already talking about it.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Thank you. My apologies, I'm new here
It's all good in the neighborhood, holmes.

Search around, the nerds here have gathered endless, meticulous info here. This forum probably knows more about the JL than Jeep do ;)

Crazyramses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Bright White
So on Tuesday I called customer service to see if they could give me any clarification on production timeline. I did this because on my last order they were awesome and they actually took the time to research. The rep told me she couldn't find anything at the time but that she could research it further and find out for me if I didn't mind a call back. I got a call back today informing me that 2 door production is slated for a little later this month to end of month. (I am not sure if this is just for hard tops or soft tops too). Soooo setting my expectations back a couple more weeks until more updates come in.

Sponsored

OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
Soooo setting my expectations back a couple more weeks until more updates come in.
I'm not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling about this. I was thrilled to discover my order listed as D1 on the Price Order Confirmation three days ago. However, I'm on the Jeepgarage.org tracking list and it's not showing D1 status. That list uses tracking data from the Toledo factory as opposed to the corporate-wide data behind the POC's. In other words, the factory is not reporting D1 for my order. The same is true for two other 2dr orders on that site that are D1 on their POC's.

I've not seen any evidence that 2dr production has started, so what the rep told you seems to ring true. It's not the end of the world, but it is disappointing. Instead of anticipating delivery in mid March, I'm re-calibrating my expectations to around April 1.

XJ-99

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (sold), 2010 Toyota RAV4v6 Limited (sold), 2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, Mojito!
Jeep do?

OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
Yes they are. And sometimes it's better to scan the first couple pages of thread titles to see if we're already talking about it.
Where were you talking about 2drs being in production? I've scanned headers in the first three general forums back to Feb 12 (scheduled start) and I can't find a thread with production confirmation. Instead, I've come across a response from the Jeep Chat site that states production has been delayed until next week at the earliest and possibly the week following.

I know Jeep Chat is not the most reliable source of information, but I've yet to come across verification that 2dr builds are underway. Would love to be proven wrong since I have skin in this game.

Scott1911

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2 Door Unicorn
I vote for "Me" ;) Ordered 12/6 Rubi/Hardtop/Auto/Tow/LED
Sponsored