First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepswag.com
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JK & 2015 Jeep JK
That request was put out for the JK, we made the kit, and nobody ever placed an order. I think it's a cost issue. $70 part and expensive shipping. The package is about four feet long. The JL kit would be quite a bit more difficult to design than the JK kit. I'm certain the sales price would be higher.

@Dominion OffRoad will you be offering the mount for shovel/ace without a hi lift? Thanks
Sponsored

bkjolly

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 CJ-5
That request was put out for the JK, we made the kit, and nobody ever placed an order. I think it's a cost issue. $70 part and expensive shipping. The package is about four feet long. The JL kit would be quite a bit more difficult to design than the JK kit. I'm certain the sales price would be higher.
Are you planning on doing your OBA kit for JL?

ClaytonW

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 Lexus LX570
I installed Dominion Hi-Lift Jack Mount kit on my JL with Sky One-Touch Power Top today. Unfortunately, it does not fit without modifications. There is not so much space under the roof on the passenger side (see the first picture). I had to shorten my Hi-Lift about 2", then it fits fine (picture 2) :)

01.jpg

02.jpg

OP
OP
Dominion OffRoad

Dominion OffRoad

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepswag.com
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the update. I'll have to take a look to see if there is anything that we can do with this.

I installed Dominion Hi-Lift Jack Mount kit on my JL with Sky One-Touch Power Top today. Unfortunately, it does not fit without modifications. There is not so much space under the roof on the passenger side (see the first picture). I had to shorten my Hi-Lift about 2", then it fits fine (picture 2) :)

Sponsored

Bluebear

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon Ocean Blue
Anyone try to install the Dominion Hi-Lift Jack Mount kit with the Maximus-3 roof rack? Seems both products use the same mounting points on the roll bar. @Dominion OffRoad

Kind of hope the brackets can both live next to each other and get along.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dominion OffRoad

Dominion OffRoad

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepswag.com
Vehicle(s)
These will not work together. They occupy the same space.

Anyone try to install the Dominion Hi-Lift Jack Mount kit with the Maximus-3 roof rack? Seems both products use the same mounting points on the roll bar. @Dominion OffRoad

Kind of hope the brackets can both live next to each other and get along.

Cahlheim

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2019 JLUR, 2013 C63 AMG
Occupation
Technology
Does anyone know if the hi-lift jack mount will fit with a jtops sunshade installed?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dominion OffRoad

Dominion OffRoad

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepswag.com
Vehicle(s)
I just had a customer order a kit and will be testing this. According to the pictures that I've seen, these two kits would work well together.

Does anyone know if the hi-lift jack mount will fit with a jtops sunshade installed?

Sponsored

Cahlheim

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technology
I just had a customer order a kit and will be testing this. According to the pictures that I've seen, these two kits would work well together.
Yep, that was me. I’ll be sure to post some pics here as well as send you some as well. Agree that it looks like it will work... fingers crossed!

Cahlheim

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technology
So, I am happy to report that the jack mount fits with the JTOPS sunshade installed without issue. It looks like there may have been a slight design change in the mount, had I seen images of this shape, I think it would have answered the question more upfront.

As for the product itself, 100% top notch build and finish. I have no doubt that it will provide years of trouble free use down the road.

As a fitment note: the Smittybilt Trail Jack (2722) base plate does not fit with the hardtop on. I knew going in that the jack would be too long and I’d have to trim about 6 inches of of it, but even then, the base plate is a no-go from the get go.

BAE7F232-73E0-4466-8788-8749C398160B.jpeg
84BFE0F4-7144-4805-B6C1-5E17BD8D2A27.jpeg
9D7A5D47-58BF-4171-A091-49D1FCAE4705.jpeg

Yep, that was me. I’ll be sure to post some pics here as well as send you some as well. Agree that it looks like it will work... fingers crossed!

OP
OP
Dominion OffRoad

Dominion OffRoad

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepswag.com
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the update. This is good news.

Yes, I've seen problems with base not fitting on Chinese farm jacks. Our kit works with Hi-Lift brand jacks.

So, I am happy to report that the jack mount fits with the JTOPS sunshade installed without issue. It looks like there may have been a slight design change in the mount, had I seen images of this shape, I think it would have answered the question more upfront.

As for the product itself, 100% top notch build and finish. I have no doubt that it will provide years of trouble free use down the road.

As a fitment note: the Smittybilt Trail Jack (2722) base plate does not fit with the hardtop on. I knew going in that the jack would be too long and I’d have to trim about 6 inches of of it, but even then, the base plate is a no-go from the get go.

Cahlheim

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technology
Yeah, I bought the Smittybilt version since it was gray and matched the jeep pretty well. Oh well... got a new Hi-Lift Extreme on the way.

Yes, I've seen problems with base not fitting on Chinese farm jacks. Our kit works with Hi-Lift brand jacks.

clobato

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR 392

Yeah, I bought the Smittybilt version since it was gray and matched the jeep pretty well. Oh well... got a new Hi-Lift Extreme on the way.
I just ran into the same issue. I installed my jack mount kit last night and my Smittybilt jack base doesn’t quite work with the driver side bracket. I’m wondering if I could get a second passenger side bracket, or better yet a custom passenger side bracket that is bent the opposite direction. You could then avoid the fitment issue with the Smittybilt base.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.