Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Brett
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepswag.com
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JK & 2015 Jeep JK
In my opinion, Hi-Lift makes a superior product to anybody else. I don't trust Chinese products when it comes to mission critical parts. Made in the USA, there just isn't anybody beating the value that Hi-Lift offers. There are also some engineering issues with using the passenger bracket design on both sides.

I just ran into the same issue. I installed my jack mount kit last night and my Smittybilt jack base doesn’t quite work with the driver side bracket. I’m wondering if I could get a second passenger side bracket, or better yet a custom passenger side bracket that is bent the opposite direction. You could then avoid the fitment issue with the Smittybilt base.

Advertisement

DanW

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 08 JKUR, 15 Ford Transit 350, 04 WJ 4.7, 17 Renegade, 99 Merc E430 S
Vehicle Showcase
In my opinion, Hi-Lift makes a superior product to anybody else. I don't trust Chinese products when it comes to mission critical parts. Made in the USA, there just isn't anybody beating the value that Hi-Lift offers. There are also some engineering issues with using the passenger bracket design on both sides.
Hi lift is made right here in Indiana by some great folks who are real Jeepers and are very passionate about their product.

Chocolate Thunder

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Is there any reason why wing nuts couldn’t be used in place of the regular hex nuts to mount the Hi Lift so that no tools are required to mount/remove the jack from the mount? Is there a logo on the mount and if so is it removable?

OP
Dominion OffRoad

Dominion OffRoad

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Brett
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepswag.com
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JK & 2015 Jeep JK
Is there any reason why wing nuts couldn’t be used in place of the regular hex nuts to mount the Hi Lift so that no tools are required to mount/remove the jack from the mount? Is there a logo on the mount and if so is it removable?
Two points about wing nuts. There is a safety concern here. The jack should always be mounted with tools. Wing nuts are not as secure. Wouldn't want a Hi-Lift floating around in my cab, if in an accident. 2nd, wing nuts will not fit in the space on the foot of the jack.

We usually include a small Dominion OffRoad sticker in the package. It does not come installed on the jack mount.

Chocolate Thunder

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Two points about wing nuts. There is a safety concern here. The jack should always be mounted with tools. Wing nuts are not as secure. Wouldn't want a Hi-Lift floating around in my cab, if in an accident. 2nd, wing nuts will not fit in the space on the foot of the jack.

We usually include a small Dominion OffRoad sticker in the package. It does not come installed on the jack mount.
Thanks. Exactly what I needed to know. I’ll be ordering soon. Any forum discounts in effect or upcoming soon?

Dusty

First Name
Russ
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Just installed your Hi-lift jack interior mount on my 2018 JLU. It's just right! Easy install and stout. Looked at the Hi-Lift version of the interior mount and it must have been designed by committee. The Dominion mount is superior!

Sol

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2020 JL Willys
Quick delivery & easy installation
163F79C5-4865-4BB6-9431-DA9A0E9CDAD4.jpeg

jlopes68

First Name
john
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
sooooooo Brett, how those hood struts coming?

Advertisement

Gibson Leatherworks

Advertisement