First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepswag.com
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JK & 2015 Jeep JK
In my opinion, Hi-Lift makes a superior product to anybody else. I don't trust Chinese products when it comes to mission critical parts. Made in the USA, there just isn't anybody beating the value that Hi-Lift offers. There are also some engineering issues with using the passenger bracket design on both sides.

I just ran into the same issue. I installed my jack mount kit last night and my Smittybilt jack base doesnā€™t quite work with the driver side bracket. Iā€™m wondering if I could get a second passenger side bracket, or better yet a custom passenger side bracket that is bent the opposite direction. You could then avoid the fitment issue with the Smittybilt base.
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
In my opinion, Hi-Lift makes a superior product to anybody else. I don't trust Chinese products when it comes to mission critical parts. Made in the USA, there just isn't anybody beating the value that Hi-Lift offers. There are also some engineering issues with using the passenger bracket design on both sides.
Hi lift is made right here in Indiana by some great folks who are real Jeepers and are very passionate about their product.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Is there any reason why wing nuts couldnā€™t be used in place of the regular hex nuts to mount the Hi Lift so that no tools are required to mount/remove the jack from the mount? Is there a logo on the mount and if so is it removable?

OP
OP
Dominion OffRoad

Dominion OffRoad

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepswag.com
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JK & 2015 Jeep JK
Is there any reason why wing nuts couldnā€™t be used in place of the regular hex nuts to mount the Hi Lift so that no tools are required to mount/remove the jack from the mount? Is there a logo on the mount and if so is it removable?
Two points about wing nuts. There is a safety concern here. The jack should always be mounted with tools. Wing nuts are not as secure. Wouldn't want a Hi-Lift floating around in my cab, if in an accident. 2nd, wing nuts will not fit in the space on the foot of the jack.

We usually include a small Dominion OffRoad sticker in the package. It does not come installed on the jack mount.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Two points about wing nuts. There is a safety concern here. The jack should always be mounted with tools. Wing nuts are not as secure. Wouldn't want a Hi-Lift floating around in my cab, if in an accident. 2nd, wing nuts will not fit in the space on the foot of the jack.

We usually include a small Dominion OffRoad sticker in the package. It does not come installed on the jack mount.
Thanks. Exactly what I needed to know. Iā€™ll be ordering soon. Any forum discounts in effect or upcoming soon?

Sponsored

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Just installed your Hi-lift jack interior mount on my 2018 JLU. It's just right! Easy install and stout. Looked at the Hi-Lift version of the interior mount and it must have been designed by committee. The Dominion mount is superior!

Sol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2020 JL Willys
Quick delivery & easy installation
Jeep Wrangler JL Dominion OffRoad Products Thread 163F79C5-4865-4BB6-9431-DA9A0E9CDAD4

Sponsored

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
sooooooo Brett, how those hood struts coming?

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
Would this Dominion Hi-Lift bracket interfere with Power Tank roll bar brackets that mount to the factory soft top locations?

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
Would like to know this also.
Just mounted my Power Tank and I can tell you it is not compatible since both brackets use the same soft top mounting points.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.