First Name
MCA
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mcaftermarket.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2018
We've seen a considerable number of posts comparing our trail mirrors to a similar looking style on the market. We wanted to address this head on so we put together a video explaining the differences. Here's the product we're talking about.

https://mcaftermarket.com/jeep-wrangler-round-trail-mirrors-pair/

Summary:

If you're like me and don't like reading you can watch me talk about it on Youtube.

Our mirrors stay locked no matter if they are on the driver side or passenger side of the vehicle. That was tricky because the combination of gravity and road vibrations tend to knock mirrors loose when they are on the passenger side (Lefty Loosey!!!). Our design keeps your mirror locked by tightening the jam nut towards the hinge no matter what side of the Jeep the mirror is on.

The "other" mirror on the market uses a weird "nut" thing that attaches to the hinge first and them "jams" into the elbow to lock it in place. Unfortunately, when it mirror is on the passenger side of the vehicle it eventually comes loose due to vibrations, gravity, and wind.

Our mirror is made of a solid piece of stainless steel and the threads are machined right into the end. This cost more to manufacture this way but it what we had to do make it right on both the driver and passenger side of your Jeep.

Let us know what you think of if you have any questions.

- Your Friends at Motor City Aftermarket

Our Mirror Installed, Passenger Side
mca-jltm18-2.jpg

Our Mirror Connector
screenclip-10.png

Their Mirror Connector
screenclip-9.png
Sponsored

OP
OP
motorcityaftermarket

motorcityaftermarket

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
MCA
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mcaftermarket.com
Vehicle(s)
I just spent a couple of hours trying to get the ones I got from that other brand and one side moves and the other fitting came loose so they are basically trash. I just ordered these!
Thanks John! You won't be let down. Thank you for your business!

Sponsored

gone2trackin

First Name
Eva
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered ours! I was doing some research on mirrors and came across yours mentioned here on the forum 1st then upon seeing you are American made I was even happier to make the purchase and then I see you are located right down I-96 from me! Now I wish I didn't already have an aftermarket front stubby bumper, I am eyeing your rear bumper and hoping more items are in development! Looking forward to installing and using these mirrors....

OP
OP
motorcityaftermarket

motorcityaftermarket

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
MCA
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mcaftermarket.com
Vehicle(s)
Just ordered ours! I was doing some research on mirrors and came across yours mentioned here on the forum 1st then upon seeing you are American made I was even happier to make the purchase and then I see you are located right down I-96 from me! Now I wish I didn't already have an aftermarket front stubby bumper, I am eyeing your rear bumper and hoping more items are in development! Looking forward to installing and using these mirrors....
Thanks for choosing us! Like us on Facebook/IG and keep an eye open for an open house. Let us know if you have any questions! Thanks again!

okie dokie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
These look like the ones for me.
Before I place my order, any forum discounts?

Gracias and Happy Cheaper Fireworks Day!

OP
OP
motorcityaftermarket

motorcityaftermarket

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
MCA
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mcaftermarket.com
Vehicle(s)
These look like the ones for me.
Before I place my order, any forum discounts?

Gracias and Happy Cheaper Fireworks Day!
The only thing I have going for mirrors is the 5% forum discount. Our JL/JK bumpers, rock rails, and tube doors are 20% off.

Let me know if you have any other questions! Thanks and have a great weekend!

okie dokie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
The only thing I have going for mirrors is the 5% forum discount. Our JL/JK bumpers, rock rails, and tube doors are 20% off.

Let me know if you have any other questions! Thanks and have a great weekend!
I'm probably missing the obvious but what is the forum discount code?

Thanks a bunch.

Sponsored

OP
OP
motorcityaftermarket

motorcityaftermarket

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
MCA
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mcaftermarket.com
Vehicle(s)

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I have the Motor city Aftermarket Mirrors and they are a great product. They do not vibrate or shake. They stay adjusted and they are easy to mount. I have been using them for about 5 months and they have performed perfectly. I also run their off road doors. The fit and finish is excellent.
20190408_114046.jpg
20190515_104334.jpg

OP
OP
motorcityaftermarket

motorcityaftermarket

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
MCA
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mcaftermarket.com
Vehicle(s)
I have the Motor city Aftermarket Mirrors and they are a great product. They do not vibrate or shake. They stay adjusted and they are easy to mount. I have been using them for about 5 months and they have performed perfectly. I also run their off road doors. The fit and finish is excellent.
20190408_114046.jpg
20190515_104334.jpg
Ya hey Ted! We see your Jeep all over Instagram. Looks great on the white. Thanks for the kind words!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.