Stop Sale Order?

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JLUR 3.0 Diesel, '96 Dodge Cummins 12V, '06 Dodge Cummins Dually
I may have that worded improperly but we just stopped by our local dealership to look at the Bikini Rubicon in the sunlight and were told they had no Rubicons (or Wranglers in general) that they could allow to be test driven because a stop sale order was issued by FCA until the steering issue is fixed with a part replacement. They are only getting these parts (steering damper I think) three at a time so there is a backlog of vehicles waiting for the upgraded part.

Anyone else run into this?
Sponsored

Chemy350

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
.I would think that's some type of salesman line to get out of a test drive... To the best of my knowledge, that's completely untrue.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I bet if you said "I want to buy it" they'd get that paperwork ready :CWL:

Edit: the only stop sale I know if was last year over the welds.

oldskol

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTI
I may have that worded improperly but we just stopped by our local dealership to look at the Bikini Rubicon in the sunlight and were told they had no Rubicons (or Wranglers in general) that they could allow to be test driven because a stop sale order was issued by FCA until the steering issue is fixed with a part replacement. They are only getting these parts (steering damper I think) three at a time so there is a backlog of vehicles waiting for the upgraded part.

Anyone else run into this?
If I had to guess I would say that the salesman was confident you were not going to buy, and the dealership's sales manager told staff not to rack any miles on the Bikini Rubicon as it is the current halo car. Some customers are really picky about taking delivery of a car that has more than 5-25 miles on the odometer.

Sponsored

Notasuv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
^^BINGO...………………...

OP
OP
Frostbit

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Bikini was indeed sold but also every Wrangler on the lot had the stop sale warning on them. He said the folks that bought the Bikini are not very pleased as they have to wait for the part as well.

This dealership knew we are waiting for the Diesel. I doubt very much they would print a bunch of signs and put them in every '18 - '19 Wrangler on the lot and tell people they can't drive them.

Just reporting what we were told and what we saw. No need to shoot the messenger.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Not buying into that without a VIN range.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Hmm, maybe it has something to do with being OCONUS? I saw you're in Alaska and a quick Google search reveals only the weld issues from last year. Just throwing this out there, but maybe something to do with your weather? As in cold. Yes I know it's June, but maybe a preventative maintenance/measure?

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
Supposedly dealers can only order one of the updated steering stabilizers a week. I was lucky they bumped me up in line to get mine.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Frostbit

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supposedly dealers can only order one of the updated steering stabilizers a week. I was lucky they bumped me up in line to get mine.

I asked him if it was about the steering damper and he said yes.

OP
OP
Frostbit

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmm, maybe it has something to do with being OCONUS? I saw you're in Alaska and a quick Google search reveals only the weld issues from last year. Just throwing this out there, but maybe something to do with your weather? As in cold. Yes I know it's June, but maybe a preventative maintenance/measure?

No it's nothing to do with Alaska. We test drove 2018 Rubicons when they first came out and drove one again about a month and a half ago.

Sippican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, there are two service requests for this problem. I've been waiting for a month now for the parts to come in to the dealer. They say the 'fix' is a shimmy shock and two control arms.....Still waiting.