AP_Rubi_18

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR!
What
Is it weird 2 of us are going to Florida, 2 of us to Mass, and 1 to Texas???
How do they figure that is good routing?
what? Really? I’m in California! Have not seen the update today.....Let me check!

Really hope mine is in transit as well as yours.... but based on location seems strange.
Sponsored

TJO

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk
Not sure what happened for me. No status update even though it left Toledo yesterday at noon. It’s likely sitting at the Jessup, MD depot and just never got updated with FCA. Hopefully it gets trucked to dealer tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest. Congrats on getting yours man.
Thanks. I am sure you are at Jessup and hopefully will get delivered tomorrow.

It's awesome! This is my third wrangler. Had a co in college, ok and now jl. It' amazing to see how far this little model has come from the for.

The Rubicon is has so many bulges and curves. So much more to see in person then you can see in pictures. I love how I can see the hood vents when I am driving. Looks like nostrils breathing. Everthing fits like a glove and is where it should be.

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Now that my JL is here I was hoping to have my JK sold (trade was 3500 under what I owe, only owned it 7-8 months)....I cant eat that 3500 upside down on a new Jeep that is already this expensive. I am willing to eat $1k to $1500 but not a full on $3500 just so I can drive by next week and watch them put a sticker on it for $21k. I hate to say it but unless my JK sells in the next week or my dealer gives me more for it (KBB dealer value my arse!), my ordered JL Rubi might just find itself a new home, and not mine.

Sponsored

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Now that my JL is here I was hoping to have my JK sold (trade was 3500 under what I owe, only owned it 7-8 months)....I cant eat that 3500 upside down on a new Jeep that is already this expensive. I am willing to eat $1k to $1500 but not a full on $3500 just so I can drive by next week and watch them put a sticker on it for $21k. I hate to say it but unless my JK sells in the next week or my dealer gives me more for it (KBB dealer value my arse!), my ordered JL Rubi might just find itself a new home, and not mine.
Take it to a few other dealers and see what they will offer.

For my 2018 Crosstrek I was offered $16k from two dealerships, and a third offered me $19k for it. I ended up getting a private sale for $19.5k.

Most dealerships will buy your vehicle outright without you buying a thing from them.

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
My ETA is 2/17-21 but my Jeep is now here in dfw according to the sheet..

Mfdidier

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I’m sitting at a rail interconnect center in Armourdale, Kansas. Did any Cali people with delivered jl’s go through this route? It’s been sitting in armourdale for two days now.. maybe waiting for another train before the homestretch?

Sponsored

RockAltered

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR V6 AT & 23 Ram Limited 4x4
Occupation
Retired.
Written discourse with Jacob at Jeep Chat on 2-13 at 12:28 am my Pacific Time.
Order date 1-22-18 have vin & von. He said not supposed to give any kind of status letter or number or combo thereof. Like D1........so still in the dark. Was hoping they started building hardtop 2dr Rubi's on 2-12. Anyone care to tell me what D1 means? Thanks in advance.

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150, 2018 Granite Crystal Metalic JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AF, Now Field Engineer / Site Manager
Vehicle Showcase
This is a prime example of the silliness of Jeep Chat...some will give out a full status...some will go the extra mile and tell you where the shipment is geographically...some, well, don't. The ones that don't say that they don't have access to that info or that they can't provide it. I know from talking to a ton of 'em that they can get pretty much any info that's out there on the build and shipping process. Maybe the issue is that the more junior reps can't access some of the more fine details? Don't know, but they should all get on the same page, and by that, I mean that they should give you any and all status on your build that you request. It's not like it's a state secret...

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Nevermind I didn't notice there were 2 spreadsheets!
Sorry folks, not sure why that keeps happening. The first one definitely is deleted before uploading the second. Looking into it.

iki4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i Sportline
This is a prime example of the silliness of Jeep Chat...some will give out a full status...some will go the extra mile and tell you where the shipment is geographically...some, well, don't. The ones that don't say that they don't have access to that info or that they can't provide it. I know from talking to a ton of 'em that they can get pretty much any info that's out there on the build and shipping process. Maybe the issue is that the more junior reps can't access some of the more fine details? Don't know, but they should all get on the same page, and by that, I mean that they should give you any and all status on your build that you request. It's not like it's a state secret...
Agree. Although Im yet to speak to anybody on Jeep Chat that can geographically track the location. Ive spoken to about 4 of them, and all 4 have said "this is all the info they could provide".
One other tactic to try with them is to tell them everything you know, and then ask them what new info they can tell you on top of that.
For ex- Instead of saying "Can you track my order?" Say "I know my order is in KZ status. What more can you tell me?"
Maybe this way they'd be forced to go above and beyond.

banessi

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Hard Top, Granite), 2013 Wrangler JK Sahara (Soft Top, Commando Green)
Vehicle Showcase
I did a quick check with chat last night after I saw no update on the sheet. Dylan, who had been somewhat helpful in the past with others, came of as quite curt and dismissive. I’m wondering if there are changes in what they’ve been told they can convey?
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.