Sponsored

Installing Fox 2.0 performance shocks on stock JLU Rubicon?

hubble

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2018 F150 4X4
Anyone install the Fox performance shocks on their stock height Ruby (4 door)? Just wondering if the ride improved, these stock shocks are pretty stiff. Every pothole or big bump feels like there's no shocks at all...
Sponsored

OP
OP

hubble

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2018 F150 4X4
Sorry, 2018 JLU Rubicon.

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Rubicon 2.0
Anyone install the Fox performance shocks on their stock height Ruby (4 door)? Just wondering if the ride improved, these stock shocks are pretty stiff. Every pothole or big bump feels like there's no shocks at all...

A MUST UPGRADE FOR A STOCK JLU RUBICON!

Installed on my Stock 2019 JLU RUBI w/no lift and 33” BFG’s.

I ordered the fronts from Desert Rat last month, made in 11/18, and the rears, made in 7/20, came from 4 Wheel Parts also last month. Both had the correct spacers. On the fronts though, the boxes have been opened and re-taped. I am guessing that for this set Desert Rat opened to add in the spacers as they were placed back in the factory plastic wrap. I installed them today and cannot express how happy I am with the ride on road. It is a significant and noticeable improvement over the stock shocks. I drove about 40 miles afterwards both highway and side streets. Most roads in SW OH are pretty bad and filled with patched potholes and cracks. It’s a softer ride without the of the hopping feel sometimes from the highway semi truck ruts. For the install, I didn’t remove any wheels, but turned them to give me more room to maneuver, and just used hand tools, and a trolley jack to do the trick. It took about an hour and a half for the install. Can’t wait to get off road to take advantage of the extra down travel.
Sponsored