2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

Idaho_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Utility Trailer
Hey Team,
Just updating a bit.
Ordered on 12/5/17 with VIN and VON, and D status received a few days later.
Checked with Jeep today, remains at D status.
However the chat room did say, "Most orders are scheduled for build within 30 days after reaching this stage".
Not sure just what that means, yet it does seem realistic given the order date combined with Jeep's 2 Door manufacturing scheduled to begin producing 2-Doors about mid February.
2-Door, Hardtop, 6spd.
That is all.....Hasta La Taco
Sponsored

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Hey Team,
Just updating a bit.
Ordered on 12/5/17 with VIN and VON, and D status received a few days later.
Checked with Jeep today, remains at D status.
However the chat room did say, "Most orders are scheduled for build within 30 days after reaching this stage".
Not sure just what that means, yet it does seem realistic given the order date combined with Jeep's 2 Door manufacturing scheduled to begin producing 2-Doors about mid February.
2-Door, Hardtop, 6spd.
That is all.....Hasta La Taco
I spoke with chat last night and got the same response. I ordered a 2 door so I don't think the 30 day answer to be true

SpaceDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
SpaceDog
I spoke with chat last night and got the same response. I ordered a 2 door so I don't think the 30 day answer to be true
I feel pretty confident that it is true... but only on models that are currently in production. As stated many times now, 2-doors don't even go into production until mid-Feb.

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Yeah that is why I don' think it is a good answer. How can a 2 door be 30 days out when they don't start for another 3 weeks

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Also spoke to jeep chat couple days ago and was told the same.

2 door Sport S, soft top, manual, tech group, lsd, firecrckr rd, tow group.

Sponsored

jeepdriver99

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR 2 Door, 21 JLU TD, 06 GC, 54 Willys SW
Occupation
Retired, W8BWD
Spoke to Jeep chat yesterday on my 2dr Rubi, soft top, manual, tech and tow group. My dealer told me I'm in D back on Dec 28 (ordered Dec 7), Jeep chat told me I'm still in D and to call back on Monday to get an update. I'm not optimistic.

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Spoke to Jeep chat yesterday on my 2dr Rubi, soft top, manual, tech and tow group. My dealer told me I'm in D back on Dec 28 (ordered Dec 7), Jeep chat told me I'm still in D and to call back on Monday to get an update. I'm not optimistic.
Well they should b building 2dr in 2 weeks but hard top only if the schedule hasn't changed which I hope it has because I can't wait any longer :headbang:

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I’m in the same exact boat. I don’t expect to be out of D for at least another month. Production doesn’t start until 3/12.

Scott1911

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2 Door Unicorn
"according to my dealer", my hardtop rubi auto has a shipping date of 2/6. We shall see........................

Idaho_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Utility Trailer
Thinking we’ll see a few D-1’s status’s start to appear in the first week of February.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"according to my dealer", my hardtop rubi auto has a shipping date of 2/6. We shall see........................
I’d wager a hefty sum that you aren’t getting a 2 door delivered on 2/6.

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
2 Door Rubi ordered on Jan. 8 VIN received on 13th. Still in D status. I am like a kid at Christmas as well. Waiting and waiting and anxious to see someone with a 2 door move to D1! Updates very much appreciated!

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
My dealer says Hardtops are "on Restriction" for my Very Basic 2 dr. All I want is Hardtop, A/C, Trailer Tow. Limited Slip. Sting Gray.
This is a very poor Production start, hope the "quality" isn't as bad as this feeble beginning.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My dealer says Hardtops are "on Restriction" for my Very Basic 2 dr. All I want is Hardtop, A/C, Trailer Tow. Limited Slip. Sting Gray.
This is a very poor Production start, hope the "quality" isn't as bad as this feeble beginning.
What does that mean? He won’t let you place an order?

Production for hard tops isn’t supposed to start for 2 week (2/12), but you should be able to order any time. I ordered a soft top on 12/23, and those don’t start production until 3/12.

If he’s telling you that you can’t place an order I’d try another dealer. You can also try the asking suppprt using the chat feature on Jeep.com.

Let us know what you find out!