Show off your Delivered JL Here!

Muddog

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Ion
Is it just me, or does it seem like everyone is buying a Granite Rubicon?

I mean, don’t get me wrong. It’s a sharp looking vehicle. But is there any love for the White Jeep? Especially any Sahara models. It doesn’t have to be Rubicon or nothing.

Jane_Ladd

First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara Unlimited JL
After seeing all of the pics of the LED lights, I am canceling my first order and re-ordering--adding the LED group and leather interior.

What are people's thoughts on Keyless entry? I want to be sure this order is my final order lol.

Sponsored

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
After seeing all of the pics of the LED lights, I am canceling my first order and re-ordering--adding the LED group and leather interior.

What are people's thoughts on Keyless entry? I want to be sure this order is my final order lol.
I see Keyless Entry as pointless. I unlock my door(s) with my fob still in my pocket. If I have to put the fob next to the handle for it to unlock, that is more to do than without. I am glad it wasn't an option when I ordered, because I probably would have got it and wasted that money.

KeithM

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 06 Duramax, e39 Touring
Occupation
Software
I see Keyless Entry as pointless. I unlock my door(s) with my fob still in my pocket. If I have to put the fob next to the handle for it to unlock, that is more to do than without. I am glad it wasn't an option when I ordered, because I probably would have got it and wasted that money.
Are you sure you have to put it up to the handle? I thought you just push the button with key nearby in your pocket...

I'm skipping it because I usually hide the key on the vehicle when I go surfing. I don't know how that would work.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)

I ordered it, because I carry a ginormous purse and the keys always fall to the bottom of it. So, it’s a convenience issue for me. I would like keyless entry for my house because once I get home, I still have to dig to find them. :idea:

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
Are you sure you have to put it up to the handle? I thought you just push the button with key nearby in your pocket...

I'm skipping it because I usually hide the key on the vehicle when I go surfing. I don't know how that would work.
Not 100% sure, thought I read that somewhere. Even if not, pushing a button inside my pocket instead of a button on the door handle isn't worth the money required to get the keyless entry, at least for me.

Snerf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I think I figured out my opinion on the upgraded wheels. I like them, but to me they don't look as bold, they are a bit more fancy looking to me.
We saw both wheels at the LA car show 12/17. There are essentially 6 combinations: JL/JLU, fender black/color & std/optional wheel. We thought the optional wheel looked best with mono color fenders on the JLU. Alternatively, we thought the std wheels looked better with the black fenders on the JL.

Since we decided to go with mono color fenders on our JLU, we picked the optional wheels. Still, if I was young(er) and single, I might have picked the JL, black fenders, std wheels, and then have them powder coated all black.

I think it's really key to see what these possible combinations look like in person. Either hit a show, or wait until more show up at dealers. Or, study published photos really, really carefully, noting the 6 possible combinations above.

Sponsored

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
Not 100% sure, thought I read that somewhere. Even if not, pushing a button inside my pocket instead of a button on the door handle isn't worth the money required to get the keyless entry, at least for me.
On my current vehicle, the key has to be near me.

Snerf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
My wife's just showed up at the dealership, picking it up saturday.

IMG_1680.JPG
That's what our JLUR is going to look like, except it will be red. Mono color fenders + optional wheels + steel bumpers (LED lights included) + black leather seats.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
I ordered it, because I carry a ginormous purse and the keys always fall to the bottom of it. So, it’s a convenience issue for me. I would like keyless entry for my house because once I get home, I still have to dig to find them. :idea:
Try one of these, no key required. You can even unlock it from your car via smartphone.

schlage-electronic-alarmed-locks-be469wk-v-cam-619-64_400_compressed.jpg

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
Is it just me, or does it seem like everyone is buying a Granite Rubicon?

I mean, don’t get me wrong. It’s a sharp looking vehicle. But is there any love for the White Jeep? Especially any Sahara models. It doesn’t have to be Rubicon or nothing.
Granite looks amazing. The only thing against it per say is that it may show trail marks more than silver or white.

In regards to the keyless entry, I have it on two cars that I just walk up to and pull the door handle and start the car and never touch or look at the key fob. One of them locks itself when I walk away from it, the other I have to press a button on the door handle (like the JL I think).

I think it's worth it.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
The only thing against it per say is that it may show trail marks more than silver or white.
Just like tidy-whities...

(per se...sorry for the grammar police, but a bunch of posters have done this and it's crawling under my skin. Or is it rock crawling?)
Sponsored