Best Jeep EVER

Maine 4 ME

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport 2 Door 3.6L Soft Top
My white JL 2 door 3.6L was delivered on Monday. This is my fourth Jeep, one YJ and two JKs, and this JL is far and away the best Jeep EVER! You all probably knew this already, but, wow, this truck is impressive!

The new soft top is better than our JK hard top. 4L playing in the snow is better. Highway ride quality is so much better. Interior better while still keeping Jeep feel. Is it all better? The previous three had been toys. Not this one, it's going in the woods and to the office because don't want to be out of it at all.

Just need to say that to the world. :)
Sponsored

Uhdinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase
You appreciate what it is more when you've had a YJ, TJ or JK for sure. Makes you wonder if all the complaints are mostly from those that the JL is the first jeep they've ever owned.

I have hand crank windows, the 5" radio, no LED's, no auto dim mirror, no heated seats, no parking sensors or crash detectors, no adaptive cruise control, no anti spin diff's. Just plain and simple with a Hard top, window tint, AC and cruise control. The traction control and other standard features of the Sport are more than enough and far beyond my Last 2003 TJ.

Less stuff to fix when it quits working.

zb39

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram 5500, 2018 Durango GT AWD, 2015 malibu, GMC 3500 Dump, 70 challenger convertible, 2019 2 door rubicon, manual tranny
I agree, I am constantly amazed at how much better this JL is in every category from my other jeeps. It is just AWESOME!.

XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
My white JL 2 door 3.6L was delivered on Monday. This is my fourth Jeep, one YJ and two JKs, and this JL is far and away the best Jeep EVER! You all probably knew this already, but, wow, this truck is impressive!

The new soft top is better than our JK hard top. 4L playing in the snow is better. Highway ride quality is so much better. Interior better while still keeping Jeep feel. Is it all better? The previous three had been toys. Not this one, it's going in the woods and to the office because don't want to be out of it at all.

Same boat , its crazy is t it? Had one since i was 17... the progression is amazing.

parrotheadphan

First Name
Mike (aka Kirk)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Firecracker Red, 3.6l, 8 spd auto
Occupation
Digital arts & photography teacher
Vehicle Showcase
The previous three had been toys. Not this one, it's going in the woods and to the office because don't want to be out of it at all.

I agree. To me, the worst part of my JL is getting out of it. I find my self looking for excuse to go somewhere just to drive it. I don't ever recall doing that with any vehicle, including both Grand Cherokees, we have ever had.

Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
You appreciate what it is more when you've had a YJ, TJ or JK for sure. Makes you wonder if all the complaints are mostly from those that the JL is the first jeep they've ever owned.

I have hand crank windows, the 5" radio, no LED's, no auto dim mirror, no heated seats, no parking sensors or crash detectors, no adaptive cruise control, no anti spin diff's. Just plain and simple with a Hard top, window tint, AC and cruise control. The traction control and other standard features of the Sport are more than enough and far beyond my Last 2003 TJ.

Less stuff to fix when it quits working.
Ditto! I came from an 04 TJ and I ordered a basic Sport S with soft top and A/T wheels. Amazing :like:

MidMo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ / 2001 WJ / 2017 Ram 3500HD / 2019 JLU Moab
Can't wait to get our JLU! Love our TJ even with the harsh ride and all the squeaks/leaks/smells:rock: but test driving the JL was EYE OPENING:)

dfwmountainbiker

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 (TJ) Wrangler
Ditto! I came from an 04 TJ and I ordered a basic Sport S with soft top and A/T wheels. Amazing :like:
@GreyFox I have an 04 TJ as well, original owner, and was offered a good price on the spot yesterday but declined due to attachment. How is the sport with crank windows, etc?

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
Jury still out. Is it the most comfortable jeep ever ...yes.. but does that make it the best? I think my TJ is more fun and I've had it for 20 years. We will see if my JL lasts 20 years. Also I can't really buy in that the JL is better than the 41 willys that fulfilled its role nearly perfectly and helped win WWII.

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
@GreyFox I have an 04 TJ as well, original owner, and was offered a good price on the spot yesterday but declined due to attachment. How is the sport with crank windows, etc?
The crank windows have a tendency to open when you are driving the the rear door locks are a PITA to get to. Can't imagine how it would be once it was lifted.

Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
My husband wouldn't let me get the crank windows lol. So I had to order a Sport S. But everything is really nice. The soft top is soooo quiet. I know my TJs would flap in the wind. And if you had a stock TJ, you know that feeling of getting the crap beat out of you. Well, not in the JL. Smooth riding.
The stock 5" radio is very nice, but of course no CD player so I had to put my music on a thumb drive. (I don't use my phone for that stuff.) But I think the radio is pretty good for "basic".
No steering issues for me at least.
The halogens are decent, but I may upgrade them when a true 9" is made for the JL, not some rebranded expensive 7".
I do like having the steering wheel controls for everything. Makes it very convenient.
Overall, I'm very pleased.

Uhdinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase
2 door hand crank windows: never had a problem with them opening on their own.
Electric window versions have had problems with wiring harness that results in ESS not working or faults due to the jeep thinking the door is not closed..........don't have that problem as well as no need to disconnect wiring to remove doors. :clap::LOL:

OP
OP

Maine 4 ME

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The traction control and other standard features of the Sport are more than enough and far beyond my Last 2003 TJ.
Amen to that. I laugh when trying to compare our old YJ to this machine. Other than tires, maybe, stock is more than good enough for me.

OP
OP

Maine 4 ME

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We will see if my JL lasts 20 years.
Hey, I love Jeeps, but buying one for reliability and longevity is kinda like buying one for MPG. Not its strength. I'd rather enjoy it for a shorter period of time and then check out whatever improvements they've made. Technology happens!