Hydroboy35th

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I went to the dealership to see the difference in material between the standard soft top and the premium however they had zero premium soft tops on the lot. I spoke with the parts department guy and he said the difference was minimum and would buy the standard option over the premium. You however indicate that its worth the extra funds... i think its like a 30% inc in cost vs. the standard... can you expand on that any?
There is a big difference between the standard and premium soft tops. The premium top is thicker & tighter than the standard, its also quieter. The material looks better and there is even a shock assist for opening. Definitely worth the extra money.

stolleee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited, 1970 Toyota FJ40, 2017 MB GLC300, 2017 Impreza Subaru
Thank you @Hydroboy35th I appreciate it. I did find a dealer that has the premium soft top and the standard this morning to compare and agree with you. I am glad I didn't go with my original gut. Ive been wanting a bikini/safari top to use when its not hard top weather to protect from pop up rain showers... nobody has made them that are decent (the mopar will leak like hell)… I have had one on order from Northridge (the Rampage product) since June 2018 so I am leaning towards just buying this top so I am protected in spring/fall time period.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I actually prefer the black diamond to the twill. The twill, imo, is something for a sports car.

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey there!

We don't offer a forum discount but many of our distributors do, we suggest checking them out :)

CassieAtBestop

Would be nice if Bestop offered a forum discount on the new Trektop. Maybe like an introductory price?

Sponsored

TheBrandon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Oh cool, Bestop released the trektop for the new Wrangler! Comes to thread. No price. Oh ok, goes to website. Same shit. Goes to Preorder, chooses model. Oh not available for 2 door. Why the process and wasted time asking? Sounds like its a soft top for the all new Wrangler JL UNLIMITED. Reads 4 pages of thread to find price and timing of 2 door. No price. Goes back to bestop website, chooses 4 door for an idea of price,
Sorry. We couldn't find the page you are looking for.
If you need assistance don't hesitate to contact us or use the Need Help? button below.

Damn. Yes I could hunt this down or look at a JK for an idea but this is just a ridiculous when the price should have just been listed. I am dropping this post in an effort to help future post\marketing not become a roller-coaster of fail. ;)

TheBrandon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
You could just go to any number of off-road vendors and get the price for both 2dr and 4dr.
100% correct and I mentioned this but should I or anyone else have too when this is directly from the vendor? If a job is worth doing, its worth doing right... don't touch it twice if you only have to touch it once... I could go on with these simple life lessons we learn as children and this is why I posted this here. The alternative was a simple, get your shit together Bestop and not waste peoples time tracking down the fundamental information required to make a buying decision in a thread dedicated to this product. Its just lazy. Maybe its just a generation thing. My dad would have smacked my ass had I put something together as half assed as this when I was 30 years younger. No disrespect intended to anyone, if it didn't get said how will anyone improve? Just a little tough love is all. :fist bump:

ParthianShot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
100% correct and I mentioned this but should I or anyone else have too when this is directly from the vendor? If a job is worth doing, its worth doing right... don't touch it twice if you only have to touch it once... I could go on with these simple life lessons we learn as children and this is why I posted this here. The alternative was a simple, get your shit together Bestop and not waste peoples time tracking down the fundamental information required to make a buying decision in a thread dedicated to this product. Its just lazy. Maybe its just a generation thing. My dad would have smacked my ass had I put something together as half assed as this when I was 30 years younger. No disrespect intended to anyone, if it didn't get said how will anyone improve? Just a little tough love is all. :fist bump:
Maybe it’s your web browser. I had no problem going to their site and ordering it, and it seems you ran into a problem at every turn.

ParthianShot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
There's a huge difference in between the black diamond and twill (to the guy asking).

Sorry it took so long for photos-- it's been busy and rainy around here. I had a rattle when getting around 70mph, but I found a torx bolt I didn't tighten all the way, so I'd bet that was the problem. Upon further evaluation, the wind noise seems more pronounced than the factory premium soft top, but I sold that last summer, so I may just not remember correctly. It's not loud, by any means, but what you'd expect from running a soft top.

IMG_0855.JPG

IMG_0856.JPG

IMG_0857.JPG

IMG_0858.JPG

IMG_0859.JPG

Sponsored

lithe1

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Firecracker Red
ParthianShot, thanks for your pics!

I think you had said you were using a hardtop before this? If so, did you happen to notice the height difference with the Trektop and your hardtop?

Also, I’m assuming you got the twill version of the Trektop, right?

Thanks again for your help. Much appreciated.

There's a huge difference in between the black diamond and twill (to the guy asking).

Sorry it took so long for photos-- it's been busy and rainy around here. I had a rattle when getting around 70mph, but I found a torx bolt I didn't tighten all the way, so I'd bet that was the problem. Upon further evaluation, the wind noise seems more pronounced than the factory premium soft top, but I sold that last summer, so I may just not remember correctly. It's not loud, by any means, but what you'd expect from running a soft top.

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
You are a miserable person.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_0855.JPG

IMG_0856.JPG

IMG_0857.JPG

IMG_0858.JPG

IMG_0859.JPG
Thanks for the pics!

Is it the pictures/reflections or is the rear window really loose looking in person as well? I don't recall it being that way on my JK trektops.

ParthianShot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
ParthianShot, thanks for your pics!

I think you had said you were using a hardtop before this? If so, did you happen to notice the height difference with the Trektop and your hardtop?

Also, I’m assuming you got the twill version of the Trektop, right?

Thanks again for your help. Much appreciated.
They seem the same height. And yes, it’s the premium.

ParthianShot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Thanks for the pics!

Is it the pictures/reflections or is the rear window really loose looking in person as well? I don't recall it being that way on my JK trektops.
There’s some looseness to it, but I purposefully chose an overcast picture with reflections to really show that off. It exaggerates it, for sure.
Sponsored