First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ Sport
Occupation
Tech
Any small, lockable steel storage compartment options available for the JL interior yet?

Something like:
* A lockable under seat steel drawer like the one that is made for the TJ and JK.
* A lockable steel center console insert . No, not the Tuffy JL console product... Tuffy really dropped the ball by making the JL version with a steel lid only on top of the existing plastic (!) center console compartment. :puke:

I know there are good steel lockbox options for the rear-most cargo area, but I'm looking for something accessible from the driver's seat.

Thanks for any suggestions or leads! :like:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kent5

Kent5

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ Sport
Occupation
Tech
https://www.lockerdown.com/c-3-locker_down_console_safes.html
I’ve been really happy with the stuff from Lock’er Down. Have a center console box in my tundra and about to get one for the JL.
Thanks! That looks pretty good.

I wish they would post their installation instructions online... I'd like to see how it mounts and fits together (says that it "must be assembled inside the console", so I'm curious).

PUNISHMENT24

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR STING-GRAY
I have the tuffy security rear cargo AND center consol lock box... enjoying them both so far... had them since August

NHJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 CJ5
Thanks! That looks pretty good.

I wish they would post their installation instructions online... I'd like to see how it mounts and fits together (says that it "must be assembled inside the console", so I'm curious).
Mine is going to arrive this weekend, so I'll report back on what it involved, and post the instructions. The tundra one was a 5 minute job.

Sponsored

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2011 MDX Advance
As of this wee hour Lockerdown's website shows the Console Safe only for JK series...

NHJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 CJ5
Installed mine this weekend, and though more involved then the tundra, definitely a nice rig. I took pictures of the instructions that I’ll post once I get to my phone.

Sponsored

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2011 MDX Advance
Thanks, Jondrew, for the link.

It seems that when I selected Jeep then 4 DR Wrangler then 2018, I anticipated the JL Console box, or at least all 2018 Wrangler boxes. I didn't realize that Lockerdown expected me to select Jeep then Wrangler JL (which meant scrolling further down) then 2018. Not optimum web design IMHO.

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Thanks, Jondrew, for the link.

It seems that when I selected Jeep then 4 DR Wrangler then 2018, I anticipated the JL Console box, or at least all 2018 Wrangler boxes. I didn't realize that Lockerdown expected me to select Jeep then Wrangler JL (which meant scrolling further down) then 2018. Not optimum web design IMHO.
I didn’t figure it out either. I emailed them and they sent me the link. Unfortunately, I can’t tell from their website exactly how this works, how much space is left after installation and if the added security is worth it. It looks week made, but fairly pricy.

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
Dayum, that's expensive. Looks nice, but boy.

First Name
Rah
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rahevolution.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Crystal JLU Sahara 2.0T
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.amazon.com/Vaultek-Blue...7599420&sr=8-1&keywords=vaultek+slider+series

Hubby got this gun safe installed under the passenger seat and is accessible from the drivers side. He had to fabricate a bracket to attach to the seat bolts, be we got it in with no drilling or obstruction with normal use. And, we can use our CCW and keep protection within reach without risking it getting in the wrong hands!

We couldn't find any concealed lock boxes specific for this application.

NHJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 CJ5
Lockerdown consists of a bottom, two sides, and a really rugged top. By assembling inside the console it barely takes up any room, so I didn’t notice an appreciable change. I have no doubt it will greatly increase the difficulty of someone getting into the contents.
Sponsored