Sponsored

Any small lockable storage options yet?

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
My issue with it is that instead of it being a lockbox that is, in fact, a metal box with a metal locking lid as was the case with previous Tuffy console lockboxes, the Tuffy JL "lockbox" is only a steel locking *lid* being added to the existing plastic console container.

To me, a thin plastic box with a locking metal lid is only marginally more secure than a thin plastic box with a plastic lid. Your wants and needs may be different.

Is the Tuffy JL metal lid better than stock? Yes. But not good enough for me, especially not for the $150 price. It is much cheaper than previous Wrangler console solutions, and gives the appearance of security -- I guess Tuffy is thinking that for most JL owners, that will be 'good enough'.
The tuffy solution is pretty solid, if someone has the time and freedom to smash out the medium thickness plastic around the side of the console, going further is no barrier, I have a heavy steel 1 thich 6 foot long metal breaker bar, that will smash open either...

unless you are storing diamonds, the deterrent is more than enough. more effort crooks will simply tow you away and cut open all this stuff...
Sponsored

Bardog

First Name
Bardog
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bardog.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S Granite
Occupation
Restaurateur
I bought the Lock'er Down box and have been very impressed with it. It's more $ than I wanted to spend, but I never have to worry about anything getting nabbed out of the console.
I think I'm going to go the route of the Lock'er Down Exxtreme Console Safe, too.

Would you mind answering a question?

Do you have problems closing the lid of the existing factory console? Maybe you don't have the combo lock, but a reviewer (the only one) on the Lock'er Down website said the lock gets in the way, though the lid does close.

Thank you.