Sponsored

Average inspection time

RubiZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Went by the dealership today and met my salesman in person for the first time. He pulled it up and has no information beyond that I’m in I status. Day 29.
If it makes you feel better, I'm sitting in D1 for 8 weeks now.
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
If it makes you feel better, I'm sitting in D1 for 8 weeks now.
No, that makes me feel horrible.

They seem to have millions of components, but not enough of them in the correct combination to put our vehicles together and sell them to us.

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
'I' status doesn't mean waiting for parts, your (and my) Jeep have a problem that needs addressing. There's just a large backlog and they aren't getting to our vehicles in a timely fashion. If I get to 30 days in 'I', they'll either be cloning the Jeep (as they've done for many >30 days) or I'll have a new order put in.

TheBrandon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
No, that makes me feel horrible.

They seem to have millions of components, but not enough of them in the correct combination to put our vehicles together and sell them to us.
I bet yours will move past I Weds or Friday at the latest.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TheBrandon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
We’re you able to look that up somehow?

What’s the status on yours?
I don't want to get people in a frenzy around here but I have STRONG reason to believe these will be moving next week that hit I around early Nov-10thish.

Mine is expected to ship Monday however I do not know yet if that means starting J/JB/JE/JS or actually KZ.

parrotheadphan

First Name
Mike (aka Kirk)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Firecracker Red, 3.6l, 8 spd auto
Occupation
Digital arts & photography teacher
Vehicle Showcase
'I' status doesn't mean waiting for parts, your (and my) Jeep have a problem that needs addressing. There's just a large backlog and they aren't getting to our vehicles in a timely fashion. If I get to 30 days in 'I', they'll either be cloning the Jeep (as they've done for many >30 days) or I'll have a new order put in.
I have asked about that and have not been told they would do that. The only thing they have told me at this time is that I would be in I at least another 2 weeks (that would put me well beyond 30 days), which was a week ago. I'm guessing (if they don't scrap any of the orders) that we may see some movement during the shut down of the line over Christmas.

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
I have asked about that and have not been told they would do that. The only thing they have told me at this time is that I would be in I at least another 2 weeks (that would put me well beyond 30 days), which was a week ago. I'm guessing (if they don't scrap any of the orders) that we may see some movement during the shut down of the line over Christmas.
Yeah the 30 days cloning is not automatic. There’s a few of us past 30 days that are still in purgatory. My guess is the cloning must be related to the size of the problem that needs fixing.

parrotheadphan

First Name
Mike (aka Kirk)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Firecracker Red, 3.6l, 8 spd auto
Occupation
Digital arts & photography teacher
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah the 30 days cloning is not automatic. There’s a few of us past 30 days that are still in purgatory. My guess is the cloning must be related to the size of the problem that needs fixing.
Yeah, I kind of wondered. But, if we are waiting on relatively "small/minor" fixes, it makes it even more frustrating that we have had to have our Jeeps sit there (wherever that hell is) this long. I can only hope when we do finally get our orders that they run like a charm and don't have big issues with them.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I don't want to get people in a frenzy around here but I have STRONG reason to believe these will be moving next week that hit I around early Nov-10thish.

Mine is expected to ship Monday however I do not know yet if that means starting J/JB/JE/JS or actually KZ.
I SINCERELY hope you’re right. Thanks for the info.
It was posted by one of the members who works at the plant that waiting on a part could hold a built unit up in “I” status. An example would be an order with colored hard top. If there’s a part shortage they’ll build it with a black top and hold it until the correct part comes in so as not to hold up production.

Sponsored

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
Jeep chat seems to always give you wrong info or they advise you to contact the dealership (it’s like I’m contacting YOU so I don’t drive the dealership crazy!) I placed my order for a two door 2019 fully loaded Rubicon JL in 12/1, the plant received my order on 12/3, I got a VON/VIN on 12/4, after speaking with Jeep chat on 12/4 a guy named Phil said I had an estimated ship date of 1/1/19, I called them back yesterday to ask how accurate the effective ship date was since I’ll be driving to another state in my Honda Civic that I’ll be trading in and wanted to have an idea of which month I might be driving it up to Idaho from Oregon. The lady at Jeep chat laughed and said she didn’t see a ship date at all. The dealership told me they typically get an invoice within a month-month and a half after order and should have an idea as to when my vehicle will arrive! I just can’t wait for it to get here! I’ve been through the once with custom ordering a Subaru STI Limited which took around six weeks to arrive from start to finish lol keeping my fingers crossed :)

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
38 days and still in inspection. Escalation magically never gets any info.

Such a shitty process.

Joaozao

First Name
Joao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
I was in I for 5 days and have issues with less then 300 miles. Been sitting back at the dealership for the last 3 days.

Maybe the two were related. Maybe not.

Good luck to you all!

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
I was in I for 5 days and have issues with less then 300 miles. Been sitting back at the dealership for the last 3 days.

Maybe the two were related. Maybe not.

Good luck to you all!
Sorry to hear that. Hope they fix it.

What issue do you have?
Sponsored