Joao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Sorry to hear that. Hope they fix it.

What issue do you have?
Service start/stop + CEL.

Yesterday the dealership said it was a vacuum leak but today said they are still diagnosing the issue.

It was just picked up this past Friday and had less then 300 miles when the lights came on.
Sponsored

TheBrandon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
32 days in Inspection, I moved to KZ today.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
So, I got a phone call today regarding my extended stay in I. I’m hopeful that things may begin to move more expeditiously very soon. I will post more detail in the near future.

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Damn congrats

So, I got a phone call today regarding my extended stay in I. I’m hopeful that things may begin to move more expeditiously very soon. I will post more detail in the near future.
Hope so. Hopefully mine moves this week too. 39 days and counting. Such crap.

parrotheadphan

First Name
Mike (aka Kirk)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Firecracker Red, 3.6l, 8 spd auto
Occupation
Digital arts & photography teacher
Vehicle Showcase
I contacted JC today and got the same old same old on mine. I status....Quality standards...blah blah blah!

Sponsored

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
I contacted JC today and got the same old same old on mine. I status....Quality standards...blah blah blah!
Me too. Just checked. It’s in I. Quality assurance is important yadda yadda.

Add to that now their excuse is it’s been escalated and theyre waiting for a response from the factory. It got escalated 3 weeks ago Jeep. Either your internal messaging is broken, or they just don’t care to reply to the requests.

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
I did the escalation thing and got the response today:

"Plant is working through vehicles as quickly as possible to reduce I status. Vehicle is on list for update from Order Management. We would encourage consumer to contact us back in 1-2 weeks for an update."

As we know, there is a backlog of vehicles in 'I' state, so you get to sit and wait with even minor issues until it's your turn. These responses from Jeep are not helpful at all. No ETAs, no real information.

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
I did the escalation thing and got the response today:

"Plant is working through vehicles as quickly as possible to reduce I status. Vehicle is on list for update from Order Management. We would encourage consumer to contact us back in 1-2 weeks for an update."

As we know, there is a backlog of vehicles in 'I' state, so you get to sit and wait with even minor issues until it's your turn. These responses from Jeep are not helpful at all. No ETAs, no real information.
Yeah. But what makes no sense is there’s backlog in I but they don’t even address them in order. So who knows how long you could be stuck there.

Why has mine been sitting 39 days but someone else got out in less than a week?

parrotheadphan

First Name
Mike (aka Kirk)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah. But what makes no sense is there’s backlog in I but they don’t even address them in order. So who knows how long you could be stuck there.

I don’t get that either. It’s almost seems like we have been forgotten...or do we have major issues with our Jeeps?

Sponsored

jzamora

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grand Cherokee
I have been in 'I' status for over a month now. I think I am in that group that was built at the beginning of November. Per my dealer here in Colorado he has 80+ JLs that are in 'I' status as well so it certainly isn't just me. Hoping for some movement soon however based on some comments I have read here.

TheBrandon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

Exactly. Why are identically equipped vehicles landing in different countries just barely a MONTH after order and the order was 2.5 months after the banks opened by comparison?

I don’t get that either. It’s almost seems like we have been forgotten...or do we have major issues with our Jeeps?
This is my biggest concern.

Mine is not a major issue and it's been there just under a month.
How do you know?

I am not typically pessimistic but its troubling. Most were built extremely early in production. Jeep knows they make around 1000 a day. How could it be something as simple as a part when they just started and identical builds are moving without being stuck a month later? Maybe they literally held a large sample to test production consistency? That would actually be pretty hilarious if they were literally doing deep dive inspections and we have the tanks of the 19 JLs.:giggle:

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
What I have hypothesized is that the issues holding up our builds might not be major, maybe even insignificant but they still might cause a delay in production if they are all addressed individually as they occur. For example let’s say a stud is broken or a bolt gets cross threaded. Minor issue that’s easy to fix, right? Sure, but it requires manpower and time to do that. If it takes 1 hour to repair whatever is wrong with each unit (times 100 or however many of us have these minor defects), I believe that they instead are allocating those 100 man hours to getting 1000 new Jeeps off the line and out the door rather than taking the time to work on our 100. Just a guess on my part and I pulled that number out of my butt, but you see the point I’m making on how they are prioritizing overall volume over satisfying a handful of sold customer orders.

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
What I have hypothesized is that the issues holding up our builds might not be major, maybe even insignificant but they still might cause a delay in production if they are all addressed individually as they occur. For example let’s say a stud is broken or a bolt gets cross threaded. Minor issue that’s easy to fix, right? Sure, but it requires manpower and time to do that. If it takes 1 hour to repair whatever is wrong with each unit (times 100 or however many of us have these minor defects), I believe that they instead are allocating those 100 man hours to getting 1000 new Jeeps off the line and out the door rather than taking the time to work on our 100. Just a guess on my part and I pulled that number out of my butt, but you see the point I’m making on how they are prioritizing overall volume over satisfying a handful of sold customer orders.
That was my thought as well but to me it would only make sense if they went in order. If it was just a man power issue then they shouldnt have a Jeep leaving after 7 days but then a dozen more that have been in for over a month.

parrotheadphan

First Name
Mike (aka Kirk)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
That was my thought as well but to me it would only make sense if they went in order. If it was just a man power issue then they shouldnt have a Jeep leaving after 7 days but then a dozen more that have been in for over a month.
I am sure some of it is a manpower issue. However, if you don't address the manpower issue but continue to crank out the orders, then that issue has the potential to get worse. I would rather see a bit of a slow down in how fast they crank them out to possibly avoid all of these "Quality Standard" issue that FCA and JC like to tell us all the time.
Sponsored