Sponsored

KZ M Average Time

ABFirecracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK Wrangler, JL Wrangler
For those that have already passed the KZ M stage how long did it sit in KZ M before moving forward. I have been in that status for 3 weeks now and wondering if its hit a wall. KZ M is first rail departure but my order has not “departed” yet.
Sponsored

tjeeper

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 TJ, '24 392
I think your's is sitting waiting next to mine. Mine passed inspection 5/31 and has been there since. I think they group vehicles together that are all going to the same region until they have enough and ship them at the same time. And of course they are way behind in their shipments.

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
I’ve been in KZ since May 15...ordered in GA.
I wish I would have never clicked and saw this.......Ugh this is becoming so frustrating. I've been in KZ since June 7th and I'm trying to convince myself it's gotta ship soon.

tjeeper

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 TJ, '24 392
Well I have an update. I called Jeep on Friday, they said it was in a storage lot in Toledo waiting to be shipped. No ETA, no idea when it was scheduled to leave. They sent my case to another department to "escalate" the shipment, whatever that means. I was told they probably wouldn't even look at the case until Monday, then it takes 3-5 days for a response.

Today I get an email from my dealer saying it was due to be unloaded off a train today in SLC. Go figure. I don't think the tracking system is as accurate as the Jeep customer service people seem to imply.

I ordered mine from the dealer in Boise, so I would think it is going to take another week to be trucked up there.

Sponsored

apettit7

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Occupation
IT
Well I have an update. I called Jeep on Friday, they said it was in a storage lot in Toledo waiting to be shipped. No ETA, no idea when it was scheduled to leave. They sent my case to another department to "escalate" the shipment, whatever that means. I was told they probably wouldn't even look at the case until Monday, then it takes 3-5 days for a response.

Today I get an email from my dealer saying it was due to be unloaded off a train today in SLC. Go figure. I don't think the tracking system is as accurate as the Jeep customer service people seem to imply.

I ordered mine from the dealer in Boise, so I would think it is going to take another week to be trucked up there.
Mine is on the train going to Boise as well. On the tracking I noticed the time from train unload in SLC to truck departing to Boise can be as short as a few hours or as long as two weeks.

jmann99999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS
Mine is on the train going to Boise as well. On the tracking I noticed the time from train unload in SLC to truck departing to Boise can be as short as a few hours or as long as two weeks.
Mine was on that same train to SLC ... and then headed to Boise via truck...

So, hopefully that means we are filling up the truck fast. :)

OP
OP
ABFirecracker

ABFirecracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK Wrangler, JL Wrangler
Confirmed through Jeep that it had been marked delivered last night but still shows as in transit on website. Guess we will see what the dealer says. Thanks for the help, had no idea it would take that long to get here from Toledo by train. Hope you all get your deliveries soon as well.

apettit7

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Occupation
IT
Confirmed through Jeep that it had been marked delivered last night but still shows as in transit on website. Guess we will see what the dealer says. Thanks for the help, had no idea it would take that long to get here from Toledo by train. Hope you all get your deliveries soon as well.
That would be awesome if yours is delivered! I also had no idea the train would take so long....the first three days after "rail departure" it moved about 45 miles. Once the train got away from the Midwest and out in the plains things picked up a lot.

Sponsored

loiacki

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
How are you tracking the delivery progress? Once it is on a train is Jeep providing a freight tracking number/link, or are you calling/chatting with Jeep customer service daily?

jmann99999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS
How are you tracking the delivery progress? Once it is on a train is Jeep providing a freight tracking number/link, or are you calling/chatting with Jeep customer service daily?
I call Jeep 866-362-2146 and give them my vin number. The problem I have found is that you never know what info you are going to get from them. So, I called one week and it was D1, then I called again a week later and they wouldn't give me a status code but said all the parts were ready but it was not scheduled to be built. Then a week later it was on its way to Salt Lake and scheduled to be in this last weekend and then travel by truck. Then I called today and they said it had not been shipped yet and they had no idea when it would ship.

So, I'm going with the likelihood it got into Salt Lake and isn't sitting in Toledo. I don't think they would be able to make up that level of specificity. But you never know :).

I've also texted my dealer to see if he can get a real update.

Good luck!

loiacki

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I call Jeep 866-362-2146 and give them my vin number. The problem I have found is that you never know what info you are going to get from them. So, I called one week and it was D1, then I called again a week later and they wouldn't give me a status code but said all the parts were ready but it was not scheduled to be built. Then a week later it was on its way to Salt Lake and scheduled to be in this last weekend and then travel by truck. Then I called today and they said it had not been shipped yet and they had no idea when it would ship.

So, I'm going with the likelihood it got into Salt Lake and isn't sitting in Toledo. I don't think they would be able to make up that level of specificity. But you never know :).

I've also texted my dealer to see if he can get a real update.

Good luck!
Oh, I am doing the same only I use the chat feature vs calling. I bug them once a week. I am in D status waiting for all the parts to be gathered. I thought maybe there was a special way to track it once it was actually in transit (on the train).

tjeeper

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 TJ, '24 392
I got an email from Jeep. Apparently they think the Jeep is still sitting in a lot in Toledo. They tell me the shipping company is working as quickly as they can to get through the backlog. They must be working harder than anyone at FCA knows. :surprised:

Wrangles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6 6sp Billet
Wow, I’ve been in D1 since 6/12. I’m not sure why I keep checking multiple times everyday but not like I’m going to stop so oh well. I’m hoping 4 weeks in D1 and maybe 2-3 weeks to ship but who knows. All the recalls could hold it up longer as well.
Sponsored