Sponsored

Electrical/Tech help needed powering e-lockers

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I posted this in general thread, but also thought this would be a good spot. I'm about to swap takeoff jlur axles into a jlus and need help with powering the e-lockers to a switch near the dash running seperate from the main system. The jlur e-lockers were apparently made by a Japanese company and have a 4 wire system instead of 2 and looks like this(courtesy of @TTEChris)
wdtyz6e-jpg.jpg

ej0zzr3-jpg.jpg

vbkg3mn-jpg.jpg

I was thinking of using the linked Mopar jlur locker harness below that claims to allow your Wrangler JL's front or rear locking axle to be powered. You provide power and ground with your switch.
https://www.moparonlineperformance.com/product-p/77072413.htm

How would this work running seperate from main system? Any recommendations/advice is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
You’d run your wire to the switch. There would be a power going to the switch also. When you activate the switch, it’ll send power to the locker engaging it. That guy that is installing your axles should be able to do this in 15mins. Hardest part is deciding on the switches or method to power will be the hardest part of the project.

Brett

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
You’d run your wire to the switch. There would be a power going to the switch also. When you activate the switch, it’ll send power to the locker engaging it. That guy that is installing your axles should be able to do this in 15mins. Hardest part is deciding on the switches or method to power will be the hardest part of the project.

Brett
I was thinking of using these aux switches
https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku-y...1WAj0EfaJcI39jCAo4XTIDJQPzKvSCwUaAkmxEALw_wcB
Sponsored