Wrangler JL 3.6L Tuning Now Available from Superchips

cball508

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392
Quick questions. Little confused, but if I purchase this product and install the new PCM then set everything back to stock before going to the dealership will they be able to tell there was a PCM swap or the program is detected? Also, can this be un-married to be sold later or would it be specific to your jeep since it uses a different PCM? Thanks!

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR
Quick questions. Little confused, but if I purchase this product and install the new PCM then set everything back to stock before going to the dealership will they be able to tell there was a PCM swap or the program is detected? Also, can this be un-married to be sold later or would it be specific to your jeep since it uses a different PCM? Thanks!
Excellent question, I’m sure there are many people who would like to know if this capability is possible.

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
I always want to know the dealers ability to see if the parameters have been changed after it was returned to stock. I quit using programmers after about 2007 because of this.

Sponsored

hansolowookie

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MANY JEEPS!
Regarding the graph,

Which model jeep is this? which transmission and what final gear ratio please?

pcpopcorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Firecracker Red
That is good to know.The Menu in the Rubicon has a ton of features.I would opt for the Flashback and enjoy the Performance.I do not want another Monitor in my Jeep.Will you answer the question about "Will the Dealer be able to see the mod"??

Mike@Powerteq

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
16 JK, 18 JL 2.0T, 22 Wagoneer 3.0TT
Occupation
Senior Category Manager – Domestic Tuning at Holley
No, theres no means of seeing that the pcm has been flashed or that anything has changed. You wnt find anyone reporting this to be an issue on any 15+ models where the pcm swap is required.

The device can be unmarried but the pcm is programmed to your VIN, if you wish to move it to a different JL, we offer a re-vin service for $100 assuming the pcm is already modified.

Thanks

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR
No, theres no means of seeing that the pcm has been flashed or that anything has changed. You wnt find anyone reporting this to be an issue on any 15+ models where the pcm swap is required.

The device can be unmarried but the pcm is programmed to your VIN, if you wish to move it to a different JL, we offer a re-vin service for $100 assuming the pcm is already modified.

Thanks
When the dealer plugs any modified PCM in to their fault code reader nothing pops up to give your software programming away? Would you guarantee that this is absolutely true and nobody’s vehicle warranty will be voided?

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
Can the flashcal be upgraded for tuning capabilities?
TBH, the flashcal never has worked on my JL. I bought it as soon as it came out, pre ordered it actually. None of the features have ever worked, and I talked to several reps about it, and never did get around to sending it in. However, if it can upgraded for tuning features, I'd def be interested in doing so. Thanks.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Superchips JL

Superchips JL

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jeep Team @ SC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
The Flashcal can most certainly be upgraded, but we need to figure out why your unit does not appear to be functioning as intended. We have thousands of these units in the field. Please call us directly at 888.227.2447. I assume you have updated it and have also installed by module required. Yes, you can update and we can arrange that, but let's make sure we get you taken care of the Flashcal features as well. Thanks.
Can the flashcal be upgraded for tuning capabilities?
TBH, the flashcal never has worked on my JL. I bought it as soon as it came out, pre ordered it actually. None of the features have ever worked, and I talked to several reps about it, and never did get around to sending it in. However, if it can upgraded for tuning features, I'd def be interested in doing so. Thanks.

Hgrace

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JUL Sport S, Fleetwood 33 Terra SE. Lincoln MKC
When the dealer plugs any modified PCM in to their fault code reader nothing pops up to give your software programming away? Would you guarantee that this is absolutely true and nobody’s vehicle warranty will be voided?
Are you certain a reflash to stock isn't detectable? Won't it reset all accumulated data to zero?

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
The Flashcal can most certainly be upgraded, but we need to figure out why your unit does not appear to be functioning as intended. We have thousands of these units in the field. Please call us directly at 888.227.2447. I assume you have updated it and have also installed by module required. Yes, you can update and we can arrange that, but let's make sure we get you taken care of the Flashcal features as well. Thanks.
Will do, thanks.
I had several conversations with reps and techs when I first bought the unit. It would not turn my tpms off, and do other simple things like horn beep when locked, running lights, etc.
It said the parameters had been set, but they never changed on the vehicle. I eventually gave up and it's been in the glove box ever since.
I will contact yall and try again. Thanks.

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR
SuperChips, can you please respond to my question above? Also someone else asked when the dealer does a faultcode check will your modified PCM be reverted or reflashed back to stock settings effectively removing all your SuperChips programming?

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
SuperChips, can you please respond to my question above? Also someone else asked when the dealer does a faultcode check will your modified PCM be reverted or reflashed back to stock settings effectively removing all your SuperChips programming?
@Superchips JL If you can't say for one reason or the other for legal reason, just let us know instead of keeping us in suspense. :)
Sponsored