Sponsored

Adaptive Cruise Control?

Ohwillyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ 2019 2DR JL Hellayella Rubicon (ORDERED 9/12/18)
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Adaptive Cruse Control and it is awesome! I NEVER used cruse control in the past but after using it on my 19 wrangler i'll never own a car without it!!
Sponsored

TheRealTVGuy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.MyVillageRadio.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
I have the Adaptive Cruse Control and it is awesome! I NEVER used cruse control in the past but after using it on my 19 wrangler i'll never own a car without it!!
Can you please post a picture of the front of your Wrangler? Specifically the bumper and the rearview mirror. On my wife's 2016 Durango with ACC the front camera is housed next to the rearview mirror and the radar sensor is located in the fascia (sp?) below the bumper. I'm wondering where all of that lives on the 2019 JL and if changing bumpers (or installing a lift) means you risk losing your ACC.

otter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon, 2015 Grand Cherokee Overland, 2014 Ram 1500 Limited, 2010 WRX Limited
Can you please post a picture of the front of your Wrangler? Specifically the bumper and the rearview mirror. On my wife's 2016 Durango with ACC the front camera is housed next to the rearview mirror and the radar sensor is located in the fascia (sp?) below the bumper. I'm wondering where all of that lives on the 2019 JL and if changing bumpers (or installing a lift) means you risk losing your ACC.
Everything is up above/in front of the mirror, nothing down near the bumper or license plate.

Jeep even thought to include a cover for the unit for when the windshield is folded down.

Snowing here now so I can't get pics, but will when I can if nobody else has yet.

StammesOpfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n 2.0 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
@otter @Ohwillyb Since you seem to be a couple of the first ones with it do you mind going over to https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...2019-need-report-from-new-owners.18375/page-5 and commenting on how far down the mirror sits. I am sure pics there would be appreciated too.

Everything is up above/in front of the mirror, nothing down near the bumper or license plate.
Good to hear I was hoping they were smart enough not to ruin the aftermarket out the front with a radar but I put nothing past corporate decision making.

Sponsored

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
Congratulations on your new JL! I had ACC on my 2015 CRV. For the most part I liked it on thruway driving. What I didn't like was if you don't watch your speed iot is east to get behind someone going slower and not notice that you have slowed down. An alarm of sorts would be good to let you know that your speed has dropped. Any notification on the Jeep?

Ohwillyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How does it work with stop and go traffic? Congrats!
If you come to a complete stop it will tell you to put t foot on the break because it going to turn off.

Ohwillyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Congratulations on your new JL! I had ACC on my 2015 CRV. For the most part I liked it on thruway driving. What I didn't like was if you don't watch your speed iot is east to get behind someone going slower and not notice that you have slowed down. An alarm of sorts would be good to let you know that your speed has dropped. Any notification on the Jeep?
No notification that if you slowed down. Only a notification if you're about to come to a complete stop and if gives a notification that it's going to disengage.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
If adaptive cruise control is windshield based and engaged, and that windshield is taken down offroad, my mind imagines this:

opsfox21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2023 WL Overland
If adaptive cruise control is windshield based and engaged, and that windshield is taken down offroad, my mind imagines this:

Well, it looks like it’s more attached to the rear view mirror. Should be able to relax and cruise the interstates with it folded down just as you would normally with ACC. Still need to see some owner reports for confirmation though.

Just watch out for the bugs.:)

Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
cruise the interstates with it folded down
….pass...…;)

and exactly which bugs are you referring to....the kinds that leave me stranded if I didn't buy the rig from the dealer I'm trying to get service it ( a hat tip to @LLRubylady ) or the ones I accidently swallow?;)

opsfox21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2023 WL Overland
….pass...…;)

and exactly which bugs are you referring to....the kinds that leave me stranded if I didn't buy the rig from the dealer I'm trying to get service it ( a hat tip to @LLRubylady ) or the ones I accidently swallow?;)
Both kinds of course! At least folding down the windshield doesn't introduce more software bugs. The power folding windshield on the 2028 Wrangler JM might have the problem though.

krucam

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra, 2019 JLR ordered 12/22/2018
Occupation
FAA
Doubt many people are cruising down the interstate with windshield down with any regularity.

JohnnyB54

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
I’ve been playing with the ACC in my JLUS. so far on,y on the highway and on,y in light traffic. If I set the ACC TO 60 it will maintain 60 until either a car pulls in front of me and then it slows my Jeep maintaining a safe distance. I overtake a vehicle and again the ACC slows down the vehicle maintaining a safe distance. In either of the 2 scenarios once there is no vehicle in front the Jeep speeds up to the set max speed. It doesn’t gun the throttle to get back to speed but gradually increases speed. If you need to pass someone just stomp on gas pedal and pass the vecichle you want to pass. When you take your foot off the gas the Jeep will slow down to the speed you set and maintains that speed. As far as stop and go traffic or emergency braking through the ACC I don’t know since I have not tried that and FCA has yet to publish a manual for the 2019’s in either pdf form or hard copy. The users manual that you get does not go into the ACC functionality. Hey @JeepCares where is the manual for th 2019’s?
Sponsored