Sponsored

The End Is Here...The Beginning is Coming..

The Mad Duck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Dodge Nitro R/T 4X4 (My Fake Jeep), 2010 Dodge Journey R/T, 1962 Imperial

JoKer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Wrangler Sport
The workers now get a few months paid vacation as part of the temporary layoffs until they're rehired to start building the Wrangler. Not bad.

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
I went to my local Jeep dealership in Memphis, TN to see what they knew about release details on the JLU. He told me come back in October with a $1000 and we will order it. Either he's a little off or order banks may be open sooner than we think?

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Just reeling you in...

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
The workers now get a few months paid vacation as part of the temporary layoffs until they're rehired to start building the Wrangler. Not bad.
It's not exactly "paid vacation", they have to collect unemployment and then FCA tops that up to about 85% ; true paid vacation would be at full pay and no gov't component.

Also a bunch of onsite suppliers and local suppliers are simpy let go as their jobs move to Bellvidere along with the Cherokee. Many will get jobs supporting the JL via companies like Dana who moved into the region for the JL and JT. Short term about 2,500+ supplier jobs gone until JL ramps up.

ModdedJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded JK
Clubs

I went to my local Jeep dealership in Memphis, TN to see what they knew about release details on the JLU. He told me come back in October with a $1000 and we will order it. Either he's a little off or order banks may be open sooner than we think?
Sounds about right. The sticky info thread has JL order bank opening in Oct-Nov: http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-2019-pickup-jt-info-thread.21/

Did he say he knew anything about the JLU or was he clueless like most dealers are about it?

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
Sounds about right. The sticky info thread has JL order bank opening in Oct-Nov: http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-2019-pickup-jt-info-thread.21/

Did he say he knew anything about the JLU or was he clueless like most dealers are about it?
Nah, I showed him the newest leaks and renders and he pretty much said that those look about right based on what he's heard but pretty much, we won't know for sure til Jeep's reveal. Guess we all find out together lol

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
So if production starts November, when might we see JL at dealerships? When will JL and JLU be available for the masses, those of us who don't specifically order one? Will probably have to pay full MSRP or even a premium for the first few months (maybe year) until supply meets demand especially since there might be different engine options at launch and the fact JKs will still be on the lot.

Swanky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA Miata
So if production starts November, when might we see JL at dealerships? When will JL and JLU be available for the masses, those of us who don't specifically order one? Will probably have to pay full MSRP or even a premium for the first few months (maybe year) until supply meets demand especially since there might be different engine options at launch and the fact JKs will still be on the lot.
Im guessing orders start in october with first deliveries in mid december. I assume dealers will be shipped a random selection of JL/JLU's in common configs to be put on the lots asap. And iirc they will still have the JK and JKU's as 2018's per the leaks. So i assume you will be paying msrp or more for something like the frist Rubicons.

Superwinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon, Yamaha Raptor 660
Im guessing orders start in october with first deliveries in mid december. I assume dealers will be shipped a random selection of JL/JLU's in common configs to be put on the lots asap. And iirc they will still have the JK and JKU's as 2018's per the leaks. So i assume you will be paying msrp or more for something like the frist Rubicons.
According to the production schedule thread http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/for...-jk-jl-jt-toledo-assembly-plant-schedule.633/ there'll be about 5 months when the JL and JK are both being produced.
Sponsored