Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL
Introducing the Quadratec Q-Performance Stealth Winch! With exclusive LED drum light and removable clutch handle. Also introducing waterproof housing (IP67 rated submersible), wireless remote and from only $449.99! More features, less money! Only at Quadratec.

Click HERE to check it out!
-Alex

QuadWinchSquareAd2.jpg
Sponsored

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
What winch plate for use in a JL steel bumper?

Turfman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Vehicle Showcase

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Following, although it should of been stated in the op post to be helpful!
I was told the following:

"This will fit a Mopar JL steel bumper with any of the following winch plates: https://www.quadratec.com/p/jcr-offroad/winch-mount-plate-jeep-wrangler-... https://www.quadratec.com/p/warn/winch-mount-plate-jeep-wrangler-jl-fact... https://www.quadratec.com/p/rustys-offroad/winch-mount-plate-jeep-wrangl...https://www.quadratec.com/p/american-trail-products/winch-mount-plate-je...

I was set on a Warn Zeon 8/10-S but man this price and features have me double guessing myself. Warranty for the Warn is way better though, I’d love to test this new winch.

Turfman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Introducing the Quadratec Q-Performance Stealth Winch! With exclusive LED drum light and removable clutch handle. Also introducing waterproof housing (IP67 rated submersible), wireless remote and from only $449.99! More features, less money! Only at Quadratec.

-Alex

QuadWinchSquareAd2.jpg
Any forum site discounts? I’m ready to buy one if so.

Sponsored

dannko

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL Unlimited
I was told the following:

"This will fit a Mopar JL steel bumper with any of the following winch plates: https://www.quadratec.com/p/jcr-offroad/winch-mount-plate-jeep-wrangler-... https://www.quadratec.com/p/warn/winch-mount-plate-jeep-wrangler-jl-fact... https://www.quadratec.com/p/rustys-offroad/winch-mount-plate-jeep-wrangl...https://www.quadratec.com/p/american-trail-products/winch-mount-plate-je...

I was set on a Warn Zeon 8/10-S but man this price and features have me double guessing myself. Warranty for the Warn is way better though, I’d love to test this new winch.
Will this fit a Maximus3 winch plate?

dannko

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL Unlimited

-Alex

QuadWinchSquareAd2.jpg

Will this fit a Maximus3 winch plate for the JL?

How does this compare to a Warn VR8-S? I am about to order that one. But I am listening....

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Bumping this. From what I’m reading this sounds like a great alternative to a Warn Zeon. Seems to have all the features of the platinum (I don’t know about duty cycle) and the price is great.

I noticed the clutch release requires a 180 turn to release and I thought I’d read the Zeons required a 90degree turn mod to work on JLs. Not sure if that is a factor with the Stealths.

This winch sure seems attractive

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Bumping this. From what I’m reading this sounds like a great alternative to a Warn Zeon. Seems to have all the features of the platinum (I don’t know about duty cycle) and the price is great.

I noticed the clutch release requires a 180 turn to release and I thought I’d read the Zeons required a 90degree turn mod to work on JLs. Not sure if that is a factor with the Stealths.

This winch sure seems attractive
Contact Quadratec through this forum and you can get a forum discount price. Not going to state percent discount here as I'm not sure what Quadratec has a "standard" forum discount but I was and am happy with the price quoted.

I ordered mine few days ago with the the JCR plate and hopefully all will be here by Thursday (24 January). The goal is to get all installed and familiarize with prior to EJS in April so also picked up an electric heater for the garage so I can work on this in the WI cold weather.

Will post pics of all when I get all installed, hopefully in the next 2-3 weeks!

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Contact Quadratec through this forum and you can get a forum discount price. Not going to state percent discount here as I'm not sure what Quadratec has a "standard" forum discount but I was and am happy with the price quoted.

I ordered mine few days ago with the the JCR plate and hopefully all will be here by Thursday (24 January). The goal is to get all installed and familiarize with prior to EJS in April so also picked up an electric heater for the garage so I can work on this in the WI cold weather.

Will post pics of all when I get all installed, hopefully in the next 2-3 weeks!
Thanks for the discount tip. Waiting on a bumper. I did contact Quadratec with questions, but it will probably be a day or two before I get the answers.

This is prime garage project weather for me. Expecting to be holding the 70’s thru the week in Orlando.

Sponsored

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
This is prime garage project weather for me. Expecting to be holding the 70’s thru the week in Orlando.[/QUOTE said:
Below zero and single digit for low temps and highs in the teens and 20's in WI lately..............my "insulated garage" gets down to low 30's in these conditions......... I'm jealous ;)

OP
OP
Quadratec

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL
Hey all,

Just wanted to answer some questions for everyone!

The winch is powder coated. It is IP67 rated (Dustproof & waterproof up to 3 feet/1 meter). It is smaller (width-wise) than the Warn Zeon winches. We have not personally tested it on our JL's yet. My Product Design Team do believe this will work with Maximus-3, Warn, JCR, and other winch plates we sell without any clearance issues. This is due to the smaller clutch lever, thinner width, and clutch lever being rotated between 12 & 6 o'clock:

quadratec-q-performance-stealth-winch-Rewind%20-%20Synthetic%20Line.jpg

If absolute worst comes to worst, our clutch lever can be removed with an allen key and you can turn it using a 3/8" drive extension with a ratchet wrench:

quadratec-q-performance-stealth-winch-Clutch_01_Allen%20Key_0.jpg

quadratec-q-performance-stealth-winch-Clutch_04_Engaged%20woHandle_0.jpg

quadratec-q-performance-stealth-winch-Clutch_02_Socket_0.jpg

https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/q-performance-stealth-winch

I run this on my Wrangler and love it! It's fast and works great:

DSC_2113-X3.jpg

Here's a video of me winching my buddy and his Toyota 4-Runner TRD off some "rocks":

We can provide you with a discounted quote on this winch! For a discounted quote you can go about it 3 ways:

1) PM me back with your first & last name, address, zip and the part numbers you would like to order. I'll reply back with a discounted quote if applicable. This takes 1-2 business days on average depending on PM volume.

2) E-mail my sales rep Rob at: [email protected] Tell him you're a Forum user and would like a discounted quote. He'll get that going for you. He typically responds within hours if it's Mon-Fri 8am-5pm Eastern.

3) Call my sales line at 1-800-745-2348. Tell them you're a Forum user and would like to place an order with your Forum discount. Their hours are Mon-Thurs 8am-Midnight, Friday 8am-9pm, Saturday 9am-5pm. All times are Eastern.

Whichever you prefer works for us.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thanks & have a great day!

-Rick

Last edited:

XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
Hey all,

Just wanted to answer some questions for everyone!

The winch is powder coated. It is IP67 rated (Dustproof & waterproof up to 3 feet (1 meter). It is smaller (width-wise) than the Warn Zeon winches. We have not personally tested it on our JL's yet. My Product Design Team do believe this will work with Maximus-3, Warn, JCR, and other winch plates we sell without any clearance issues due to the smaller clutch lever, thinner width, and clutch lever being rotated between 12 & 6 o'clock:

quadratec-q-performance-stealth-winch-Rewind%20-%20Synthetic%20Line.jpg

If absolutely worst comes to worst, our clutch lever can be removed with an allen key and you can turn it using a 3/8" drive extension with a ratchet wrench:

quadratec-q-performance-stealth-winch-Clutch_01_Allen%20Key_0.jpg

quadratec-q-performance-stealth-winch-Clutch_04_Engaged%20woHandle_0.jpg

quadratec-q-performance-stealth-winch-Clutch_02_Socket_0.jpg

https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/q-performance-stealth-winch

I run this on my Wrangler and love it! It's fast and works great:

DSC_2113-X3.jpg

Here's a video of me winching my buddy and his Toyota 4-Runner TRD off some "rocks":

We can provide you with a discounted quote on this winch! For a discounted quote you can go about it 3 ways:

1) PM me back with your first & last name, address, zip and the part numbers you would like to order. I'll reply back with a discounted quote if applicable. This takes 1-2 business days on average depending on PM volume.

2) E-mail my sales rep Rob at: [email protected] Tell him you're a Forum user and would like a discounted quote. He'll get that going for you. He typically responds within hours if it's Mon-Fri 8am-5pm Eastern.

3) Call my sales line at 1-800-745-2348. Tell them you're a Forum user and would like to place an order with your Forum discount. Their hours are Mon-Thurs 8am-Midnight, Friday 8am-9pm, Saturday 9am-5pm. All times are Eastern.

Whichever you prefer works for us.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thanks & have a great day!

-Rick
Whats the spec on the motors ? And where are they wound?

OP
OP
Quadratec

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL
Whats the spec on the motors ? And where are they wound?
Sure thing - here are the specs:

Q10 Performance Stealth Winch Specs
Rated Line Pull (Single Line):
10,000 lbs (4536 kgs)
Gear Reduction Ratio: 210:1
Motor (Series Wound): 12 Volt / 4.9 Hp (3.65 Kw)
Drum Size: 2.64” x 8.35” (67mm x 212mm)
Winch Line: 3/8” x 82’
Overall Dimension: 21” x 6.375” x 10” (533.4 mm x 162 mm x 254 mm)
Net Weight: 85.0 lbs. (38.55 kgs) for Steel Cable / 61.0 lbs. (27.67 kgs) for Synthetic Line
Mounting Bolt Pattern: 10” x 4.5” (254mm x 114.3mm)

Q12 Performance Stealth Winch Specs
Rated Line Pull (Single Line):
12,000 lbs (5443 kgs)
Gear Reduction Ratio: 294:1
Motor (Series Wound): 12 Volt / 4.9 Hp (3.65 Kw)
Drum Size: 2.64” x 8.35” (67mm x 212mm)
Winch Line: 3/8” x 82’
Overall Dimension: 21” x 6.375” x 10” (533.4 mm x 162 mm x 254 mm)
Net Weight: 85.0 lbs. (38.55 kgs) for Steel Cable / 61.0 lbs. (27.67 kgs) for Synthetic Line
Mounting Bolt Pattern: 10” x 4.5” (254mm x 114.3mm)

Thanks!

-Rick
Sponsored