Sponsored

Say hi to the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU

FiftyFive0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Chevy Tahoe
It's possible it's a full body roll cage with a foldable windshield (think aftermarket JK roll cage), and the windshield isn't part of the rollover protection. Plausible given the permanent front grab handles seen in some of the spy shots.
Ah forgot about those grab handles. Yea good theory could be right based on that and the roll cage image. It would definitely make it safer to operate with the windshield down if there is such a thing lol.
Sponsored

AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
The new character line running length of the car reminds me bit of the G-class. I personally like the effect.

Jeep Wrangler JL Say hi to the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU {filename}

dtmfjeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ / Renegade / Cherokee / CJ
Just behind the rear passenger flare, there appears to be a round area that was covered up... I know our fuel doors are usually on the drivers side... so I'm curious what that spot is.. You can see it in both images...

WebDevDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Just behind the rear passenger flare, there appears to be a round area that was covered up... I know our fuel doors are usually on the drivers side... so I'm curious what that spot is.. You can see it in both images...
The skeleton image appears to be flipped. But good eye.

The Doc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler Unlimited, Future JT Pickup (hopefully)
The new character line running length of the car reminds me bit of the G-class. I personally like the effect.
I would say it's more like the TJ.

Same with the grille and fenders and overall "feel" of it. What is old is new again.... like much in the Jeep world.

Sponsored

JTman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JT to come
The vent on the front quarter panel looks nice but how functional will it be? Hope it's actually functional unlike the vents on the Rubicon hood (which I hope are actually functional this time around).

Davos77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I would say it's more like the TJ.

Same with the grille and fenders and overall "feel" of it. What is old is new again.... like much in the Jeep world.
Don't forget the Jeep logo and fog lights moved back to its rightful place ;)

FLtorpedo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Rubicon
Ah I like it! Bigger more modern TJ. Changes are subtle to outsiders but to Wrangler owners this should easily be recognizable as JL on the road with its LED lighting, sloped windshield and that fender vent.

I'm thinking the fender vent is for aerodynamic purposes. The huge fenders must act as a big wind drag so putting the vent there would help channel the air through the fender.
There's a few vented fender options in the aftermarket but I think they are mostly for looks. I believe a few do claim to serve as engine bay heat vents, we'll see if the JL's is functional. Either way one big plus is it allows for the reshaped fenders for more tire clearance.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Don't forget the Jeep logo and fog lights moved back to its rightful place ;)
This is most likely not the stock bumper, though. It's reminiscent of the 10A/Hard Rock/75th/Recon bumper. Previous spy shots have shown bumpers with the fogs still in between the frame rails. The standard JL bumper will probably not be too dissimilar to the JK, plastic and hollow.

Sponsored

MockBarbecue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeeps
I've been lurking this forum awhile but finally had to register. I hope the JL to be my first new car ever. This thing is awesome. Quells all of the substructure fears and retains everything we wanted. Hopefully it corrected all the JK's issues too. I can not wait to see the engine options and interior!

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Pretty much looks the same. LOL

Bottom image looks flipped based on not only the brackets for the tailgate but also the sub being on the driver side.
Tailgate still opens from the left side. The spy photos with the open tailgate show this.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport
Occupation
Highway Dept
Thanks for the great news. The doors, top, and roll bar have not changed much.

Now put a pickup bed on it and send me one ASAP!!!

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
+1 ... give me the truck already
Sponsored