Say hi to the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Seriously...

If they introduce this bad boy with a diesel, manual 6 speed, and in any shade of orange (well, not pastel) I will lose my sauce. Multiple times...

Not trying to be too gross or creepy.

Having said that, though, if the specs meet mine, I wouldn't recommend riding with me unless you bring a towel to sit on.

Just sayin'.

:D:p:rolleyes::eek:;)o_O
Sponsored

Work

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JK Willys Wheeler Granite Crystal
Given that we're seeing this leak now. What's the chance we get a full unveiling at the New York Auto Show/ Easter Jeep Safari? Really hoping we don't have to wait too much longer.

WebDevDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Seriously...

If they introduce this bad boy with a diesel, manual 6 speed, and in any shade of orange (well, not pastel) I will lose my sauce. Multiple times...

Having said that, though, if the specs meet mine, I wouldn't recommend riding with me unless you bring a towel to sit on.

Just sayin'.

Just for that, you're getting puce.

WebDevDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Given that we're seeing this leak now. What's the chance we get a full unveiling at the New York Auto Show/ Easter Jeep Safari? Really hoping we don't have to wait too much longer.
I doubt we'll see it in NY, but you'll probably see hints of what's to come in the EJS concepts. Maybe the holy half doors on the Switchback concept they teased will be the new style of half doors for the JL? Who knows.

ModdedJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded JK
Clubs

Great to see the JLUR! I really dig the fender vents. Now when I look at my Wrangler that front quarter panel seems empty lol.

Judging by the words in this recent Jeep CEO interview (http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/for...nd-reassures-enthusiasts-video-interview.671/) it doesn't seem like that's the plan. Sounds like the JL will get a special separate reveal event.

Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Just for that, you're getting puce.
Would that be satin puce or gloss metallic puce?

Don't say pearl coat, that'd be inappropriate.

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!

orey22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Jeep Wrangler 2dr / 2019 JL 2dr
Seriously...

Just sayin'.

Diesel, Diesel, Diesel...manual, manual, manual...yes, yes, yes please!!!! :rolleyes:

Work

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JK Willys Wheeler Granite Crystal

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Davos77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Ah I like it! Bigger more modern TJ. Changes are subtle to outsiders but to Wrangler owners this should easily be recognizable as JL on the road with its LED lighting, sloped windshield and that fender vent.

I'm thinking the fender vent is for aerodynamic purposes. The huge fenders must act as a big wind drag so putting the vent there would help channel the air through the fender.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Definitely has more styling cues from the TJ and YJ, which isn't a bad thing, but I'm more interested in the interior and powertrain.

The JK's interior and technology group was already dated, even when they redesigned it in 2011. As much as I'd like the JL to retain more of the tried-and-true mechanical features from past iterations, things like the instrument cluster and center stack in the JK have needed a serious update for a very long time.

Same goes for the powertrain. The Pentastar and WA580 were certainly a welcomed improvement, but the 6-speed in the JK has always been awful. Here's hoping the JL has a much more confident, reliable, and quieter stick and TOBs that actually last longer than a few thousand miles.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Yes, the throw-out bearings. They've been notoriously bad in the 6-speed ever since the TJ.
Sponsored