Sponsored

Say hi to the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU

FiftyFive0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Chevy Tahoe
From the rear photo the frame looks solid from the windshield down to the A pillar. It seems odd that would stay if the windshield folded down.

Also the cross member bars on the frame seem made of a different material than the rest of the metal roll bar. Is it really all part of the frame?
Sponsored

WebDevDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler
From the rear photo the frame looks solid from the windshield down to the A pillar. It seems odd that would stay if the windshield folded down.

Also the cross member bars on the frame seem made of a different material than the rest of the metal roll bar. Is it really all part of the frame?
It's possible it's a full body roll cage with a foldable windshield (think aftermarket JK roll cage), and the windshield isn't part of the rollover protection. Plausible given the permanent front grab handles seen in some of the spy shots.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Ooh, sexy! Cant wait for the full live reveal. In my driveway...

Yes, I believe the sport bar is 6 point, static and structural, while the fold down wind screen is a stand alone unit like the doors.
The wider fog lights make sense so that a winch can bolt straight up to the Rubi bumper.
Is it possible that the sport bar has an alternate set of high brake lights?
What are the dark spots above the door handles?

Please bring the oil burner straight away!!!

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty much looks the same. LOL

Bottom image looks flipped based on not only the brackets for the tailgate but also the sub being on the driver side.

Sponsored

Emoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock, Camaro SS
Anyone who decided against the JLU and got a 17' JK is probably biting their nails right now
LOL. Nah, the JL is an evolution, not a revolution, whereas the '17 JK/JKU is the product of 10 years of platform development, so different animals.

Very much looking forward to seeing more and better pictures of the JL and reading the reviews on its capability and whatnot. Very exciting!

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Pics still dont really reveal what the camo was covering on the back. Would be interesting to see a back shot with the hard top on. Also it looks like the camo was covering the keyless entry above the door handles, and the fender and hood vents.

JeepinOutfitters

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepinoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
1995 XJ, 2016 JKUR Hard Rock
Occupation
Outfitting Jeeps for adventures.
Pics still dont really reveal what the camo was covering on the back. Would be interesting to see a back shot with the hard top on. Also it looks like the camo was covering the keyless entry above the door handles, and the fender and hood vents.
The tail lights appear to wrap around the side quite a bit more than the JK's - I wonder if that's what the camo on the rear was hiding? Seems excessive to cover the whole rear end just for the tail lights though?

Sponsored

JeepinOutfitters

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepinoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
1995 XJ, 2016 JKUR Hard Rock
Occupation
Outfitting Jeeps for adventures.
Is it just me or does there appear to be a large subwoofer built into the wheel well just behind the rear seats?

Also, note the Jeep logo back in it's traditional spot on the fender.

WebDevDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Ooh, sexy! Cant wait for the full live reveal. In my driveway...

Yes, I believe the sport bar is 6 point, static and structural, while the fold down wind screen is a stand alone unit like the doors.
The wider fog lights make sense so that a winch can bolt straight up to the Rubi bumper.
Is it possible that the sport bar has an alternate set of high brake lights?
What are the dark spots above the door handles?

Please bring the oil burner straight away!!!
I think the dark spots are just the handle indentations. Doesn't look like there's anything "there." The bars are a little far forward for additional lighting. Not even sure how that'd work on the JL vs JLU.

Pretty much looks the same. LOL

Bottom image looks flipped based on not only the brackets for the tailgate but also the sub being on the driver side.
I like that they got the sub crammed further in there and out of the way.

Work

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JK Willys Wheeler Granite Crystal
Very exciting! Hope to see some updated truck mock ups. Gonna be a tough call between the Unlimited and waiting even longer for the truck for me. If I decide to get one. But these pics look very promising.

Dackel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, Ram 1500
Wonder why there is no spare tire ?
I'm betting it's still there. The rear angle looks like it is just showing the cage structure. It's even missing the panel behind the front fender and looks like there's no windshield (not even folded down).
Besides, the spy photos show it is still mounted to the rear.

orey22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Jeep Wrangler 2dr / 2019 JL 2dr
2018 pics were revealed, and a concert was held!
Sponsored