Sponsored

37s / 13.5

CreativeName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU
couple of questions. Anyone know if throwing 37s on the JLU rubi would disrupt any warranty. 37/13.50R20

Also - being at the dealership today. Dealer said they can’t flash the computer for bigger tires, so will show wrong speedometer reading. Can’t believe that’s true??

Also, anyone know if it will fit stock or will I see rubbing? Perhaps a 2” Mopar lift? Dealer mentioned any other lift could void warranty, truth?
Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
IMO you need a better dealer. From other threads on this forum the dealer can flash your Jeep to update for larger tires, however the cost appears to be listing around $150; that's halfway to a Tazer programmer which can do that and much more. Just FYI. A HUGE number of Wranglers upgrade to larger tires and that's a long time Jeep thing so no way it disrupts warranty (and not even getting into standard Magnusson Moss Act here). Obviously if the tire+wheel combo mounted ends up being too much weight for the axle that's on the owner and not Jeep but simply mounting large tires isn't a warranty void. Other posts here have shown that 35" tires can and have been mounted with *mostly* no problems but at near to max articulation there has been some rubbing. What wheels those tires are mounted on also plays a part in normal street driving as at maximum steering lock contact has also been noted. Finally, for 37" tires you would definitely want/need some lift; the Mopar 2" (among many) should support that.

SeekRest

First Name
Laurence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
couple of questions. Anyone know if throwing 37s on the JLU rubi would disrupt any warranty. 37/13.50R20

Also - being at the dealership today. Dealer said they can’t flash the computer for bigger tires, so will show wrong speedometer reading. Can’t believe that’s true??

Also, anyone know if it will fit stock or will I see rubbing? Perhaps a 2” Mopar lift? Dealer mentioned any other lift could void warranty, truth?
Echo @Karl_in_Chicago comments.
I had to get new tires this week (not surprisingly, my wife liked my 315’s so much she kept them), and will install a 2-2 1/2” loft as soon as I make time to install.
So 8 put the cart before the horse and got 37’s.
So, do they “fit” - yes... but they rub Like a bad massage parlor - everywhere I don’t want it to.
I’m relegated to smooth pavement until,I pull the trigger on my lift. It’s a good motivator!

4434AAFB-02B1-4B0E-9616-B82BC6158D26.jpeg

7ACB0C9C-B3C6-410A-B477-9B6D3245C0AE.jpeg

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
SeekRest, Very nice ride!!!! Who is the MFG of the tires and rims? Wheel size and b/s and offset? I agree about getting a Tazaer, you get so much more for the extra cost, g
Good luck with the lift, you have to give us a before and after pic!

CByrd

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Got to love a full wheel well. The 37's look great. That is my next upgrade. How loud do they sing?

Sponsored

SeekRest

First Name
Laurence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
SeekRest, Very nice ride!!!! Who is the MFG of the tires and rims? Wheel size and b/s and offset? I agree about getting a Tazaer, you get so much more for the extra cost, g
Good luck with the lift, you have to give us a before and after pic!
Thanks!
Wheels are Mopar beadlock - note my lock ring is off in order to get a tire shop to mount the tires
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-your-jeep-jl-today.3033/page-391#post-310507

I looked up the offset at one point (when we put them on my wife’s Sahara for a trial run) but can’t find it now. The B/S is 4.5”

The tires are a compromise - I wanted the Patagonia MT, but timing and availability didn’t line up. So I went with the Achilles Desert Hawk X-MT. “Economy” tires are notorious for balance and round issues, and I inspected as best I could before they started, and Worked with the tech mounting them to line up the red dot (amazed this has become a lost knowledge in the field) and they all balanced out with minimal weight (1oz or less).

Made a road trip up to Lexington, KY with the Wednesday, and zero issues at 80ish (speedometer calibration yet to come).
Getting a set of five 37 12.50” tires mounted for ~$1k all-in, my expectations of longevity are low, and off road tests will have to wait.

I will try and grab some pictures before I start the lift

SeekRest

First Name
Laurence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Got to love a full wheel well. The 37's look great. That is my next upgrade. How loud do they sing?
At slow speeds, they’re like a back massager on dying batteries.

The road noise isn’t too bad, and with a moderate radio volume, I don’t notice it.

There is no denying the taller sidewalk and resulting flex when driving curves. That’s to be expected.
Can’t speak to wet pavement behavior, other than I didn’t notice any issues in the rain on the highway.

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
Thanks thanks for the info,much appreciated
I’ll look up the wheels to get the sprc`s. The BFG KM3 is a fairly quiet tire, rides real nice at 30 psi and laying flat on the pavement
I just know the BFG KM3 37`s are going to cost some major coin when available
Sponsored