Mfdidier

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
From Reveal
-Red and silver dash trims on Rubicons are dictated by the interior color selected. Black interior gets red dash and tan interior gets black dash. Sahara gets silver dash or leatherette dash. Sport gets black dash.

I also saw somewhere that the red dash will be an additional selection when ordering?? (can someone confirm this)

So which is it?

I've already ordered a black interior Granite Crystal Rubi, so it looks like I'm stuck with the red dash. Really feeling bad for owners that may like the Hella Yella or Mojito trim, as that red mismatched dash would look horrible.

So where do we go from here?

I'd like to switch out the red dash in my black interior rubi.. I've never switched out a dash.

Anyone have idea on pricing and timing as to how quickly we can switch out the red dash for the black dash? or even better, switch out the rubi red dash for a sahara leather dash?

Obviously this isn't aftermarket, but I wonder if my local dealer can order 1 black dash simultaneously in parallel with my current order so I can roll off the lot with a dealer installed black or leather dash.
Sponsored

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
So I wanted a 2 door but you can't get led's or leather except Rubi. I like the Sahara overall but don't want a 4 door but I might be stuck getting that again. This really sucks. Why would they not put out a 2 door Sahara. I don't know what to do now.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
So I wanted a 2 door but you can't get led's or leather except Rubi. I like the Sahara overall but don't want a 4 door but I might be stuck getting that again. This really sucks. Why would they not put out a 2 door Sahara. I don't know what to do now.
These are 2 things you could easily get as dealer options. Have you talked to your dealer?

iki4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i Sportline
I ordered a Black Sahara with Brown Leather Interior...I assume I will be a getting a "black leather" dash?

Sponsored

Mabar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2-Door
From Reveal
-Red and silver dash trims on Rubicons are dictated by the interior color selected. Black interior gets red dash and tan interior gets black dash. Sahara gets silver dash or leatherette dash. Sport gets black dash.

I also saw somewhere that the red dash will be an additional selection when ordering?? (can someone confirm this)

So which is it?
I saw a youtube video this morning (but I can't seem to find it now) that stated that on the Rubicon, either a red or grey dash panel would be available. He seemed to indicate it would be the customer's choice on the options list, although either color would be no charge.

Mabar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From Reveal

So which is it?
That red area on the dash is called the "mid-bolster panel". I just found this pdf article and it states that the Rubicon will have a red mid-panel bolster.

media.fcanorthamerica.com/pdf.do?id=18668

Tintop

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
That red area on the dash is called the "mid-bolster panel". I just found this pdf article and it states that the Rubicon will have a red mid-panel bolster.

media.fcanorthamerica.com/pdf.do?id=18668
Good find. It's says "paint" so I assume this isn't anodized. If it's painted I'm assuming it could be removed and re-painted any color that you want. The question is how hard will this mid-bolster be to remove.

"The Rubicon interior features Maddox fabric cloth seats embossed with a honeycomb pattern and Ruby Red accent stitching. Both leather or cloth seats feature an embossed “Rubicon” logo on the seat back and red mesh side storage pockets featured on the bottom of the doors. “Redicial Red” paint on the dashboard’s mid-bolster and stitching on the seats, center armrest, door armrests, leather steering wheel, shifter sleeves, bezels, and dashboard add a burst of color to the interior."

BDJeep1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon on order
Good find. It's says "paint" so I assume this isn't anodized. If it's painted I'm assuming it could be removed and re-painted any color that you want. The question is how hard will this mid-bolster be to remove.

"The Rubicon interior features Maddox fabric cloth seats embossed with a honeycomb pattern and Ruby Red accent stitching. Both leather or cloth seats feature an embossed “Rubicon” logo on the seat back and red mesh side storage pockets featured on the bottom of the doors. “Redicial Red” paint on the dashboard’s mid-bolster and stitching on the seats, center armrest, door armrests, leather steering wheel, shifter sleeves, bezels, and dashboard add a burst of color to the interior."
Mark Allen the designer and the interior video guy both referred to it anodized (which is metal coating) so maybe the marketing people are saying painting which means coating.....would be nice to get this confirmed.

Mabar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here ya go...

The Fast Lane Car video at 9:40 on the video, the Jeep guy says that either red or grey is available on the Rubicon mid-bolster panel. He specifically says it is an option, and the customer can get either color. Hopefully, he is correct, but I think we will just have to wait and see.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Mark Allen the designer and the interior video guy both referred to it anodized (which is metal coating) so maybe the marketing people are saying painting which means coating.....would be nice to get this confirmed.
He was referring to the chrome-like trim, not the red bolster.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I also ordered Granite Crystal Metallic -- but with "Heritage Tan." Hope it looks good.

JayV

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 Ford Expedition EL 4x4
I also ordered Granite Crystal Metallic -- but with "Heritage Tan." Hope it looks good.
I ordered billet with heritage tan. Think both of those combos will look sharp.
Sponsored