Sponsored

Default Dash Colors

When choosing a color like Hella Yella or Mojito! would you like the option to keep the red dash?

• Total voters

TurboMonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR '11 JKU '08 HD Softail
I'm pretty sure I read that beginning with the 2020 Rubicon models all would have the red dash.
Mine is a '20 so you're probably correct. I surprised when I picked it up. I was expecting the silver/grey dash but the red does look good.
Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I was under the impression that the Sahara's had the leather dash face?

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I know the exact spec Mojito! Rubicon I want to order, but I HATE the silver dash. I know I can wrap or paint it, but I want the factory Rubicon red dash. Why can't FCA offer an option to override the default dash color? I understand that they don't want the red dash color to clash with the rest of the Jeep, but if that's really the reason then why is the stitching on the steering wheel, seats, doors, shift boot, console lid, etc kept red, not to mention the red accents on the exterior(front and rear recovery hooks, Rubicon badging, and Jeep badges) are kept red when you choose colors like Hella Yella and Mojito!. With all of these red accents, the silver dash just looks out of place to me
MRD.jpeg
Initially, I was glad I had the silver dash, but after seeing all of the red accents (as you mention), and your photo, I am not so sure. In the end, more options are always better.

Wonder how a Mojito! colored dash would look...

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I was under the impression that the Sahara's had the leather dash face?
Only when you get the factory leather seats; the cloth seats get the standard gray dashboard. My understanding is that the Mopar leather seats are not considered factory, so they too get the gray dashboard. Same thing with Sahara Altitude: although black leather seats are standard, the dashboard remains gray.

I really wanted the leather-covered dashboard but since mine came with the cloth seats, I got the gray dashboard instead. So my cure was to slap a SAHARA emblem onto it.

The SAHARA emblems on JL are very nice: they look sharp and feel expensive. The letters‘ brushed finish matches that on the vent rings, add a nice dose of bling to the interior, and give the dashboard a somewhat “retro” look.
nc_oc=AQkT195b44-s4h25Wg9XiRMnfzB9--ZuufDPHIYfQoogOcuvTqO3FUwJjbQQmbLCEQk&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Last edited:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The Chinese now offer these plastic coves for JL dashboards. Apparently the just slap on. However, they look rather crude on the photos I’ve seen.

20191114_171748_hdr-jpg.jpg

Someone on here photoshopped a set of wood-looking covers: they do look rather nice.
8158.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
I'm pretty sure I read that beginning with the 2020 Rubicon models all would have the red dash.
sorry to wake an old thread but is this confirmed? I want my hellayella to have a red dash!! Lol

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
Sweet mustard and ketchup that looks good. Great to hear :)
Sponsored