Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone ever gotten this problem fixed or has everyone just given up on it? I plugged the hose on mine so it doesn't leak but it would sure be nice to be able to use it if needed.
I think most of us just don't worry about it too much. It'll drip a bit if I've used it recently but stops after a while.
Sponsored

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Mine quit leaking. Maybe it was overfilled from the factory, not sure but I don't have the problem anymore.

subiescott77

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Has anyone ever gotten this problem fixed or has everyone just given up on it? I plugged the hose on mine so it doesn't leak but it would sure be nice to be able to use it if needed.
After drilling my cap and taking off that thick inner seal, cap always stays on and no leaking for a month if not longer.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
After drilling my cap and taking off that thick inner seal, cap always stays on and no leaking for a month if not longer.
Yup, same here... did the same. No drip in say 5 weeks+- now.

Circlep

First Name
DeWayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport 04Chevy 2500HD/ duramax, Yamaha Royal Star Venture
I did the same and it has stopped the leaking.

Sponsored

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Will try this too.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine actually stopped entirely.
I'll bet you $20 and my left thumb that the drip will reoccur periodically, on your JL. You and your JL are not special....

OP
OP

BSearle

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 UNLIMITED sport
Mine actually stopped entirely.
Bet if you used it again it would drip again. Thought mine was good as I had it disconnected for a month and then after I used it once it started dripping again.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bet if you used it again it would drip again. Thought mine was good as I had it disconnected for a month and then after I used it once it started dripping again.
I have two caps, yes two. I have one windshield fluid reservoir cap I modded by drilling a hole in it and removing the black gasket material on the back of the cap. The other cap is a stock cap with no mods. Thank you dealership for giving me a the reservoir cap to mod and fool with..........

Anyway, I have tried to use the modded cap and tried with the stock and indeed, I see terrific results with the modded cap. Unfortunately, even though I can go weeks with no drip when the modded cap is installed, sooner or later I do get a random drip.
Again, I can go weeks but then.... the drip. Oh, with the modded cap it never pops open on it's own...

The other day for shit and giggles, I installed the stock windshield washer reservoir cap I have, and within a day I had a drip.... also had the cap pop loose on it's own which is typical of the stock cap. I should mention the reservoir was at same level, outside temps were basically the same and with this modded cap no drip in weeks.

Yes, the modded cap is back in place.. 8-)

So, modded cap is the way to go, but no, it is not a cure for the random drips!

subiescott77

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can tell you both it has entirely stopped dripping. Sure, if you use it, it will have a streak from the left over fluid in the nozzle....but thereafter no random dripping. Outside of possible factors nobody is considering or aware about....I cannot say why mine no longer drips. Perhaps the size of the hole in the cap? Maybe the fluid level and lack of topping it off yet? I don't know.

But I live in IL where it has been both hot and humid.....and have yet to experience the white drip/streak mark down the rear glass for who knows how long now. And that is with both a clean and dirty car. I certainly would have noticed but I'll be sure to update if it comes back.

cabnfvr

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUL Sport
Occupation
Retired but working with benefits.
Mine quit leaking. ...
Ours seems to have quit as well. I suspect its due to the level dropping some in the tank. This would allow some pressure relief similar to drilling a hole in the cap as mentioned in this thread.

One thought, and it's OK if anyone disagrees, but worrying about a streaked back window is actually good news to me. Off road the JL is proving to be extremely capable and pretty bullet proof.
"No I don't need a winch but grab a rag. My windows streaked!" :jk:

subiescott77

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ours seems to have quit as well. I suspect its due to the level dropping some in the tank. This would allow some pressure relief similar to drilling a hole in the cap as mentioned in this thread.

One thought, and it's OK if anyone disagrees, but worrying about a streaked back window is actually good news to me. Off road the JL is proving to be extremely capable and pretty bullet proof.
"No I don't need a winch but grab a rag. My windows streaked!" :jk:
You said it. If experiencing a windshield fluid streak is the worst of our problems...we got it good.

ATXMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue JLU Sport S, Red Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
I haven’t tried the pressure release fix y’all have been talking about yet. But I do find this problem mildly annoying. Any updates on the fix from Jeep?
Sponsored