Sponsored

2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Info - What's New (So Far)?

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Details about the 2019 JL Wrangler are starting to trickle in. No word yet on special editions but it's still early and an announcement may come later in the year. I'll update this as we learn more :like:

2019 Jeep Wrangler - What's New
  • Advanced Safety Group package will include Adaptive Cruise Control and Forward Collision Warning
  • "Bikini" - new exterior paint color
Sponsored

Hitman

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Details about the 2019 JL Wrangler are starting to trickle in. No word yet on special editions but it's still early and an announcement may come later in the year. I'll update this as we learn more :like:

• Advanced Safety Group package will include Adaptive Cruise Control and Forward Collision Warning
Thank you for this. I am still trying to decide between 18 or 19 JL Rubi. I hope more info becomes available before the 7/19 deadline.

ajasper6579

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 4-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Advertising

Already ordered my 2018 so bummer...What is Bikini?

mattynat

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Sonic
Curious what color "bikini" is!

Sponsored

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
Told ya'll! ACC was the only feature that was holding me back on the '18 (that and waiting for BSG on the '19), so that's good news. ACC is a really handy feature on the highway!

Any word on the availability of the LED lighting pack on the Sport S?

MattP725

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion (Future Hopeful JL Owner)
Great news... have both features on my current DD and losing them was my major deciding factor.

Sponsored

budpitman

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon
Occupation
SW HW Engineer
No diesel no buy AFAIAC. waiting... waiting... GAH! hurry up already!

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Told ya'll! ACC was the only feature that was holding me back on the '18 (that and waiting for BSG on the '19), so that's good news. ACC is a really handy feature on the highway!

Any word on the availability of the LED lighting pack on the Sport S?
ACC is one of the worst inventions in the history of bad inventions, at least, IMPO.

When I set the cruise, I expect to stay at that speed unless I have to adjust due to conditions. If someone is going slower ahead of me, I will get closer to them and then overtake in the proper lane and then resume my original position when clear and not lose speed (again unless conditions warrant otherwise). With ACC, the car reads the next car ahead of you and slows you down so you never overtake them and just lose speed.

Here's an example scenario I found myself in...
Driving down a three lane, lightly traveled 65 MPH zone, I set my cruise to 73 and take position in the center lane so that slower traffic on the right is free to do whatever it is they do at 35 MPH. A few miles in, a car is in the same lane as me and they're doing ~65 MPH on cruise. I don't even realize that my car starts slowing me down to keep a safe braking distance from the car ahead of me. The left lane is completely clear. My expectation, using normal CC, is that I'd catch-up to the slower car, move to the left, overtake, move back to the middle when clear. Thanks to ACC, I never get any closer to the other car. When I do realize what's going on, I move to the left lane and the car senses that it is clear. The CC slams on the gas to propel me back to my original 73. That's not the experience I'm going for

ACC will never be a desired feature for me
Sponsored