www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Was their two weeks ago in Death Valley to see the lake what i sight to see!

Added a second picture of my daughters toy Jeep
IMG_0508.jpeg

IMG_0497.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

CapeArt

First Name
BB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Sport S, Porsche 987S, MazdaSpeed Miata
Easter Sunday - Cape Cod
Jeep Wrangler JL Show Off Your Scenic Jeep Photos Easter_033124_3.JPG

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
Jeep Wrangler JL Show Off Your Scenic Jeep Photos IMG_7995

I’m particularly proud of this one. It’s my son’s YJ, that he saved up 1.5 years for. The location is River overlook on the Hells revenge Trail in Moab, Utah.

I took him to Easter Jeep Safari 2 years ago, when he was 14. At the end he asked me “dad, what do I need to do to get a jeep when I turn 16?”. So we made a plan, and he did his part. We’ve worked on it together in our garage and he learned to drive on it (with a manual transmission).

This year was the first year he was licensed to drive for EJS, so we brought the YJ along with my JL. Today was supposed to be his first off-road drive experience in the Jeep (on Fins N Things) but last night I decided that we should probably do a trial run to teach him how to clutch it off-road, without a large group we would potentially be holding up if he struggled. So we ran Hells Revenge and did the “tip toe line”.

I gotta say, the kid’s a natural. He took to handling the manual transmission over the rocks and ledges in no time.

He’s got open diffs so we had some lessons about choosing lines where I’d purposely get him in situations where his tires were unweighted on opposite corners and he’d just sit and spin and would have him get out with me and work out how to get a better angle so he could keep tires planted and get up and over.

Today on fins and things one of the old veterans was behind us and came up to me when I was buttoning up his soft top and said “It sure is nice to see how you handle that YJ, clearly you know what you’re doing behind the wheel of that rig”. And with pride I got to tell him that I was actually riding passenger and that it was actually my 16yo son driving, who’s been learning from the passenger seat for a couple of years. And that this was only his second time out in his jeep off-road.

It was a proud father moment for certain, and I look forward to to being able to doing this more often with him. He’s at that age where parenting gets particularly tough, but he’s a great kid and Jeeps have kept us close.

As a bonus, we brought my 12-year-old son along, and I think he’s now got the bug as well.

Last edited:

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Jeep Wrangler JL Show Off Your Scenic Jeep Photos 20240331_110950

I’m particularly proud of this one. It’s my son’s YJ, that he saved up 1.5 years for. The location is River overlook on the Hells revenge Trail in Moab, Utah.

I took him to Easter Jeep Safari 2 years ago, when he was 14. At the end he asked me “dad, what do I need to do to get a jeep when I turn 16?”. So we made a plan, and he did his part. We’ve worked on it together in our garage and he learned to drive on it (with a manual transmission).

This year was the first year he was licensed to drive for EJS, so we brought the YJ along with my JL. Today was supposed to be his first off-road drive (on Fins N Things) but last night I decided that we should probably do a trial run to teach him how to clutch it off-road without a large group we were potentially holding up. So we ran Hells Revenge, and I gotta say, he’s a natural. He took to handling the transmission over rocks in no time.

He’s got open diffs so we had some lessons about choosing lines, we got him in situations where his tires were unweighted on opposite corners and had him work out how to get a better angle so he could get up and over.

Today on find and things one of the old veterans was behind us and came up when I was buttoning up his soft top and said “It sure is nice to see how you handle that YJ, clearly you’ve been at this a while”. And with pride I got to tell him I was riding passenger and it’s actually my 16yo son who’s been studying rock crawling and off-roading for 2 years from the passenger seat. I know this was only his second time out in his jeep.

Proud father moment for certain, I look forward to to be able to doing this more often with him. As a bonus, we brought my 12-year-old along, and I think he’s got the bug as well.
This is the best/coolest thing I have read in months if not years. Hats off to your son and you for taking the time and effort to bring a dream to reality. It is nice that he earned it and it was not just tossed keys to him.

This is what awesome parenting looks like and you should be proud.

Sponsored

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
This is the best/coolest thing I have read in months if not years. Hats off to your son and you for taking the time and effort to bring a dream to reality. It is nice that he earned it and it was not just tossed keys to him.

This is what awesome parenting looks like and you should be proud.
Thanks so much, yeah he’s a great kid and super responsible. He works hard, saves money and gets good grades. He doesn’t mind putting in work and being patient in order to reach a goal he sets; and that bodes so well for him as an adult.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
Thanks so much, yeah he’s a great kid and super responsible. He works hard, saves money and gets good grades. He doesn’t mind putting in work and being patient in order to reach a goal he sets; and that bodes so well for him as an adult.
Yeah… so many parents don’t raise their kids right these days… don’t teach them manners, discipline, hard work, etc. It’s all about emotional support and participation trophies nowadays…

Nice to see good parenting for a change! đź‘Ť