2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

Sweetwater

First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2018 Compass Trailhawk
Question?? I know this is off topic...sort of. I’ve been looking at paint protection film. Upon close inspection, it appears my front fenders are already wrapped fully. Yes, I know the rear fender has some on the front portion, but was not aware of the front. Maybe it’s only the Rubicon, maybe not. Could someone please check?
Many thanks
My Billet Silver Rubicon has only part on rear fender. None on front.
Sponsored

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
:idea:Anyone who hasn't ordered yet, what if you asked the dealer how long it would take for delivery? They will likely say something around 10 weeks (mine said 8 - 10). Tell them you will take it but then ask them to put in writing that for every week after that, they take $100 off. that would have been $1000 for me and some of the folks here might of ended up getting theirs for free! ;)

I am not really serious but I am curious what the response would be.
they will probably tell you to take a walk.They are not in control of the factory

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

:idea:Anyone who hasn't ordered yet, what if you asked the dealer how long it would take for delivery? They will likely say something around 10 weeks (mine said 8 - 10). Tell them you will take it but then ask them to put in writing that for every week after that, they take $100 off. that would have been $1000 for me and some of the folks here might of ended up getting theirs for free! ;)

I can't even get dudes to respond to me much right now. Damned NuJeep hype

Jlrut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Sahara sold: 2dr Rub ordered 1/17 traded: 2019 2 door picked up 12/27
My Billet Silver Rubicon has only part on rear fender. None on front.
I think your fenders are painted? Check along the outside edge

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota

My guess is that they would tell you, "thanks for coming by/calling/emailing us...we wish you luck with whoever you decide to order through". :)

Sponsored

Newbie4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Could use some forum member input/advice. Ordered 1-13-2018. Checked, double checked, triple checked order with dealer before leaving. I can't explain what they did but needed to get a case number because the vin I have was under a different buyers name. Now MY vehicle is on a truck, good news, exact build but no pst. I'll get the pst but any thoughts!

NascarMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2015 Grand Cherokee Overland.
Question?? I know this is off topic...sort of. I’ve been looking at paint protection film. Upon close inspection, it appears my front fenders are already wrapped fully. Yes, I know the rear fender has some on the front portion, but was not aware of the front. Maybe it’s only the Rubicon, maybe not. Could someone please check?
Many thanks
Ocean Blue Rubicon, only have the small strips on rear fenders.

NascarMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My guess is that they would tell you, "thanks for coming by/calling/emailing us...we wish you luck with whoever you decide to order through". :)
I know. Probably doesn't matter anyway - everyone ordering now may get theirs in 10 weeks! :):beer:

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know. Probably doesn't matter anyway - everyone ordering now may get theirs in 10 weeks! :):beer:
That's what I was told...8-10 weeks. We'll see. I figured the patience that the people have had in this thread...2-2.5 months is a blessing if it holds.

Sponsored

NascarMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's what I was told...8-10 weeks. We'll see. I figured the patience that the people have had in this thread...2-2.5 months is a blessing if it holds.
Heading down your way pulling the Jeep next month to Bristol for a week and then to the Smoky's area for a week. Couple of weeks ago I was worried I wouldn't have it, then it all happened at once!

Sweetwater

First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2018 Compass Trailhawk
Could use some forum member input/advice. Ordered 1-13-2018. Checked, double checked, triple checked order with dealer before leaving. I can't explain what they did but needed to get a case number because the vin I have was under a different buyers name. Now MY vehicle is on a truck, good news, exact build but no pst. I'll get the pst but any thoughts!
I hope you get it real soon. I ordered 1-11-18 at dealer 5-26-18.
As long as you get what you ordered be happy as you will love it.
Only thing you really want is that window sticker with your name on it.
Hang in there you are better at this wait than I could be.

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heading down your way pulling the Jeep next month to Bristol for a week and then to the Smoky's area for a week. Couple of weeks ago I was worried I wouldn't have it, then it all happened at once!
Take a drive through Cades Cove with the top down when you get the mountains. Worth the drive through. There's even a Jeep Outpost. https://www.facebook.com/jeepthecove Haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but it's there.

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
Got my Jeep on Friday! Ordered on 2/26. I absolutely love this beauty! Definitely worth the wait! Thank you to all of you for keeping me informed and amused over the past 4 months!

The only problem I’ve had is the steering. Driving it the 25 miles home it was wandering left and right and hard to keep in my lane. So, as this thread has taught me, I immediately lowered the tire pressure from 45 to 35 and the problem is mostly gone. So much fun to drive now!

8F204F05-70AA-407D-A2DF-D98D5424AD41.jpeg
Congrats, and welcome to the non waiting owners club. The new JL's are awesome for sure!

Newbie4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
That's my dilemma. Ordered premium soft top and 5-1/2 months later it's on a truck with standard top. Crazy
Sponsored