Sponsored

Verify front license plate part #

dslpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Picked up my JL Unlimited sport this past Sunday. Front plate was not installed so my wife went back on Monday and they gave her one still wrapped up. According to the dealer they say this is the correct one, however this is what it says on the piece of paper that came with it.

JL Sahara NAFTA
Kit # 68293738AA

Couple things,
1. I have the JL Unlimited Sport with the normal "stock" bumper.
2. This plate thing doesn't fit and even if I wanted to make it work the screws are way too short.
3. Dealer swears up and down this is the correct front mount (I think they are wrong)

Can Anyone help me out and have the correct part number?

Thank You
Sponsored

OP
OP

dslpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
That's the same part # I have. and that is the one I believe is not correct due to fitment issues. I guess I will go and buy the universal one as seen in that thread.

Sponsored

mquinn13

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
That's the same part # I have. and that is the one I believe is not correct due to fitment issues. I guess I will go and buy the universal one as seen in that thread.
I had the same situation. Dealership didn’t know anything. All you need is 2 screws, no bracket.

4EABE732-21AA-4524-9212-7E12EBB5DF06.jpeg

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
Bumping this up. The dealer also gave me a bracket (JL Sahara NAFTA / Kit # 68293738AA). It doesn't look like it fits a Sport bumper.

Is there another bracket? Thx.

CypressWrangler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JLU
I have been told by FCA that there is no bracket for the sport. Also found this on the internet:

JL Wrangler Front License Plate Bracket

Mopar factory front bumper license plate bracket for the 2018 JL Wrangler for use with the plastic bumper found on the Sahara and some Rubicon models.

• Will only fit the front plastic bumper on the Sahara and Rubicon models.
  • Will not fit the metal Rubicon bumper.
  • Will not fit the plastic bumper of the Sport models. (There is no plate bracket available for the Sport bumper.)

Item # 68293738AA

mquinn13

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
I have been told by FCA that there is no bracket for the sport. Also found this on the internet:

JL Wrangler Front License Plate Bracket

Mopar factory front bumper license plate bracket for the 2018 JL Wrangler for use with the plastic bumper found on the Sahara and some Rubicon models.

• Will only fit the front plastic bumper on the Sahara and Rubicon models.

• Will not fit the metal Rubicon bumper.

• Will not fit the plastic bumper of the Sport models. (There is no plate bracket available for the Sport bumper.)

Item # 68293738AA
You’re correct there is no front license plate bracket for the sport. It screws directly into the bumper.
Sponsored