Sponsored

Trail Rail Management System Thread

Sting Gray Heel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler Sport S, 2018 JL Sport S (on order)
FYI, this is consistent with what everyone has been saying, but since this is an official communication from an actual FCA employee (a reply to my email to them using the recently-opened [email protected] email, which is the email equivalent of the newly opened hotline), thought I'd post it here for everyone. Exact text of an email I just received:

2018 JEEP WRANGLER UNLIMITED SPORT I am writing with regards to your 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport! According to provided resources, your 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport is still in the Sub-Firm Schedule Status (C). With that being said, our records show your vehicle was ordered with the Trail Rail Management System (CMD) which is not slated to go into production until late-May. Please keep in mind as this timing is projected, it is subject to change. I will continue to track the status of your 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport order & provide any and all updates as they become available. We appreciate your patience as we launch this exciting new product. Sincerely, Nicole Jeep Product Information Center​
Sponsored

Firemedicsparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
So now that it’s early June...any updates for this system to buy as its own kit?
I believe June 8th was the date of expected release..........but we have been "misinformed" before by FCA:bandit:

linkfeeney

First Name
link
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma Trd-Off Road
hello all.... I am new to this forum... I was looking at the jeep site on the trail rail management system... so what is the purpose of it? I am planning to get a wrangler as a 3rd car with hella yellow color. :)

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
hello all.... I am new to this forum... I was looking at the jeep site on the trail rail management system... so what is the purpose of it? I am planning to get a wrangler as a 3rd car with hella yellow color. :)
The purpose is a rail system that will provide additional tie down points in the rear. There seems to be a supplier issue with these right now, so if you want your order in a timely manner I would suggest not ordering them. They can always be added later on as an accessory.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Why are more than 4 tie downs needed? Surely it must do more.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
banessi

banessi

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Hard Top, Granite), 2013 Wrangler JK Sahara (Soft Top, Commando Green)
Vehicle Showcase
It also has a module that attaches to the back swing gate that will facilitate hanging/connecting of accessories. There is a plastic insert you just pop out that is then replaced with the module. It is even labeled "Trail Rail Ready".

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
The purpose is a rail system that will provide additional tie down points in the rear. There seems to be a supplier issue with these right now, so if you want your order in a timely manner I would suggest not ordering them. They can always be added later on as an accessory.
Good new is that I just received confirmation from FCA that the TRMS was causing delays in numerous builds, however the system is now available and should not cause any future delays with ordering or delievers

Sponsored

Steamboat

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Volvo XC90
Good new is that I just received confirmation from FCA that the TRMS was causing delays in numerous builds, however the system is now available and should not cause any future delays with ordering or delievers
I ordered this on mine... It is looking like it shipped without it. It is in shipping now so I hope to know soon.

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
I ordered this on mine... It is looking like it shipped without it. It is in shipping now so I hope to know soon.
Best of luck .. mine is supposedly being built today .. hopefully shipping out soon as well

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
When did you order? How do you know your build date
Ordered on 4/11, but I am one of those problem customers and was able to get it escalated

Ndrogo

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Ordered on 4/11, but I am one of those problem customers and was able to get it escalated
Same order date as me how can I get it escalated? I have Called hotline opens cases no luck. My dealer is helpless any advice
Sponsored