extended door limit straps with wiring?

Tod13

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU with Dog
Anyone know a place that makes, or that I could talk to about making, door limit straps with wiring that are longer than factory?

We want to be able to open the rear doors wide enough to use a ramp to load our Newfie (150lb dog) into the Jeep. If I can open the doors wider, the ramp will fit. (This might also be useful to those loading child seats into their Jeep.) I figure I can disconnect the door check (the metal bar that sets the stop points for the door positions) and use a longer limit strap, but want to keep power to the door for locks and windows.
Sponsored

DerekPB

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Reverse Engineering
Vehicle Showcase
I've been looking at premade options for this as well.

Larger people sliding in/out or leveraging in sizable loads (you know that grocery getter ;) ) like from tractor supply ....

People have a tendency to slide back and press on the rear fender.

Longer items loaded that are square are pinched by the door vs the actual door size due to the door opening less than 90 degrees.

Anyone know a place that makes, or that I could talk to about making, door limit straps with wiring that are longer than factory?

We want to be able to open the rear doors wide enough to use a ramp to load our Newfie (150lb dog) into the Jeep. If I can open the doors wider, the ramp will fit. (This might also be useful to those loading child seats into their Jeep.) I figure I can disconnect the door check (the metal bar that sets the stop points for the door positions) and use a longer limit strap, but want to keep power to the door for locks and windows.

RockyRoad

First Name
Yaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
Bump
Sponsored