Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

finally got the center velcro stap glued into place. as i assumed, it holds the front of the top rather taut when unbuckling the visor straps, to ride with the soft top up. drove around with the panels fully opened and tucked up into the storage pocket. the soft top closes down on top of it no problem.

wife and kids love this top. its a hit!
Sponsored

Goodlad

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversay Edition
Thanks for sharing your experience with this shade being used with a soft top. I just got my soft top and am hoping to install it soon. (We just had snow last night so it won't be today) I am going to order this shade to go with it.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Thanks for sharing your experience with this shade being used with a soft top. I just got my soft top and am hoping to install it soon. (We just had snow last night so it won't be today) I am going to order this shade to go with it.
i noticed if you have the openable sections stored in the pouch, its a little more difficult to close the soft top all the way. dont know why i didnt figure that before. you have to really pull the front to get the latches closed.

Swagger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I have a soft top and left it installed over the winter for about a year now.
Works good for its intended use. It is not waterproof because it does not seal to the rails, and the zippers would let rain in, but I leave my soft top on, so I just close it over the shade top if it rains, which makes it a perfect fit if you own a soft top. Gives you adjustability if the driver wants open air but the back seat wants shade, or vice versa.
The trick to keeping it quiet is keeping it tight, and only have one layer zipped in at a time. The layers will flap against each other if both are zipped in.
One of my favorite accessories!

Junker21

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4xe
Anybody try this with the BesTop sunrider . I'm thinking I could make it work but not sure.
Sponsored