First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU, 1982 FJ40
Occupation
Retired
Our electric cooling fan in the JLU is REALLY loud! We hear it at low speeds inside the cab. I was setting on the front porch a bit ago, and I could hear the fan at a distance of at least 50 yards as the wife came down the road. I've heard fans in other cars but nothing like this. Anybody else notice this issue or is it the nature of the beast?
Sponsored

vhfan5150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright White JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Yep mine too. It is pretty loud. I’m not too worried unless I hear something hinky.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BVGeezer

BVGeezer

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU, 1982 FJ40
Occupation
Retired
Thanks folks for your replies. Wife thought there was a problem too and was bugging me about it. Told her to chill. But she hasn't chilled in the 44 years we've been married. I'll just show her your replies and turn up Classic Vinyl another notch or two.

LydiaSP613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
Thanks folks for your replies. Wife thought there was a problem too and was bugging me about it. Told her to chill. But she hasn't chilled in the 44 years we've been married. I'll just show her your replies and turn up Classic Vinyl another notch or two.
Same thing happening on mine. Before I know it, it’ll be back to cold & I won’t hear it for a while. Central New York weather! :giggle:

Classic Vinyl! Always a preset favorite channel on my radios!! :like:

Sponsored

Tragdor

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, it runs full blast while A/C is max. Turns off when A/C is off. I’m not in love with the noise but am thankful because this thing isn’t going to overheat in our Texas summers either. :)

AmateurE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUS
Did a remote start in the hopes of cooling the interior with today's sunny 95F weather,,,,,,, I was surprised by the cooling fan noise as I left the house (jet engine level is not that far off the mark:)) as A/C defaults to Max with remote start. I am impressed with it's quick cooling ability.
Sponsored