Sponsored

2023 Orders - Check in here

demarpaint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Rubicon 2008 Liberty 88 E-150
Just curious, can a JLR [2 door to eliminate any possible confusion] be ordered these ways?:
1. With a 3.6L and 8 speed AT?
2. With the 3.6L, 8 speed AT, and the HD Full Time 4WD?
3. With the 3.6L, 8 speed AT, HD Full Time 4WD, and 4.88 gears?

My wish is #3. After calling four different local dealers to ask, and hearing the same come on down and lets talk nonsense I gave up for the time being. All I was hoping for was a definitive answer. I will be placing an order within the next few months, and as I've said before the online build and price tool or whatever they call it is useless.
Sponsored

Jtaugner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLURD / 03 Cobra
Build Thread
Link
Just curious, can a JLR [2 door to eliminate any possible confusion] be ordered these ways?:
1. With a 3.6L and 8 speed AT?
2. With the 3.6L, 8 speed AT, and the HD Full Time 4WD?
3. With the 3.6L, 8 speed AT, HD Full Time 4WD, and 4.88 gears?

My wish is #3. After calling four different local dealers to ask, and hearing the same come on down and lets talk nonsense I gave up for the time being. All I was hoping for was a definitive answer. I will be placing an order within the next few months, and as I've said before the online build and price tool or whatever they call it is useless.
According to the order guide, you can get #3.. Jeep Website says otherwise.

Edit - To clarify, you have to get the 3.6 eTorque.

Sting.Rubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Amg c43 2021
My salesperson called today and said I'm scheduled for mid-August build and once it gets loaded it, they usually show up within 10 days!
Nice, When was your order confirmed?

okjeeprox

First Name
Roxie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JKU 70th

demarpaint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
According to the order guide, you can get #3.. Jeep Website says otherwise.

Edit - To clarify, you have to get the 3.6 eTorque.
Thanks, I can live with the eTorque although I don't want it. When I build it, I'm given the eTorque engine as a choice with the AT. When selected it reverts back to the stick from the auto transmission, which makes no sense at all.

Sponsored

Jtaugner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLURD / 03 Cobra
Build Thread
Link
Thanks, I can live with the eTorque although I don't want it. When I build it, I'm given the eTorque engine as a choice with the AT. When selected it reverts back to the stick from the auto transmission, which makes no sense at all.
Order Guide

That's the link to the Order Guide here on the forums. Details what's available and what's required for each option.

Ratbert's Dealers

@Ratbert has complied a list of dealers that offer the best price, but they are also typically good at responding to inquires. Best bet is to find one close, or you feel comfortable possibly driving and asking about what options are available in the dealer system.

StormyMidwest

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR bright white (ordered 7/19/2022)
So I placed my order 7/9. Got the VON 7/15 (seemed long). Talked with JC and they said the order was received 7/13. I still have no confirmation on the tracker. JC says the order is there, but there is no name linked to the order yet. What does that even mean? How long should it take to link to my name and show up on the tracker? Does the tracker show the date *I* ordered or the date Jeep received the order? I have so many questions.

demarpaint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order Guide

That's the link to the Order Guide here on the forums. Details what's available and what's required for each option.

Ratbert's Dealers

@Ratbert has complied a list of dealers that offer the best price, but they are also typically good at responding to inquires. Best bet is to find one close, or you feel comfortable possibly driving and asking about what options are available in the dealer system.
Thanks! It looks like @Ratbert put quite a bit of work into that. It gives me hope that I might be able to get it the way I want. In which case I'll live with the eTorque system, it's easy enough to disable.

Ellebelle

First Name
Ellen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Chevy volt
So I placed my order 7/9. Got the VON 7/15 (seemed long). Talked with JC and they said the order was received 7/13. I still have no confirmation on the tracker. JC says the order is there, but there is no name linked to the order yet. What does that even mean? How long should it take to link to my name and show up on the tracker? Does the tracker show the date *I* ordered or the date Jeep received the order? I have so many questions.
I ordered 7/8
Got an email from Jeep 7/11 with my VON and order date of 7/8.
Not sure why your name is not attached to it though

StormyMidwest

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered 7/8
Got an email from Jeep 7/11 with my VON and order date of 7/8.
Not sure why your name is not attached to it though
Exactly, and for whatever reason, I'm a total shit magnet and this type of thing ALWAYS happens to me. My fear is that a month down the road they're going to say "oh we don't have an order with your name on it." At which point my head would explode. 😫

Sponsored

mtbgordon

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR 2022 GCL
Per my sales rep: Looks like the Jeep is in production. It has a ETA release date from 8/20.

I think he means it is in D1 status, and scheduled for production. Anyway... awesome news!

Deki

First Name
Dejan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram 2500 PW, 2021 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Placed order 7/13

JLU Rubicon
Firecracker Red
Premium Soft Top
2.0/850RE

Edit: changed the color to Earl

Last edited:

Sting.Rubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Amg c43 2021
When the order is confirmed, it should be linked to your last name and the tracker should show all the info

StormyMidwest

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When the order is confirmed, it should be linked to your last name and the tracker should show all the info
That’s what I thought! Something isn’t right. I’m cancelling and going someplace else. This guy doesn’t communicate either. I emailed Renee at Gupton…hope I hear from her soon.
Sponsored