First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Fastest car I ever drove was a Porsche Taycan Turbo S. Unbelievably fast, super high-end luxury feel, but all you remember is how violently fast the thing is. And it's not even close to the Plaid Tesla. Nothing vanilla about it. I must own one at some point.
I continue to chuckle at Porsche's use of the designation "Turbo" on an EV.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I'm not a huge EV fan but reducing our fossil fuel consumption will break our reliance on the Middle East. Most of the terrorism in the world is due to continuing to poke a stick into that hornet's nest.
One year ago we were energy independent and a net exporter of oil and natural gas. I wonder what changed that???

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Produce an EV that sounds like a V8 and I will consider one….maybe
Only if it has a phony hood scoop and heat extractors to go along with the phony V8 sounds

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I'm not a huge EV fan but reducing our fossil fuel consumption will break our reliance on the Middle East. Most of the terrorism in the world is due to continuing to poke a stick into that hornet's nest.
Iran is the predominant state sponsor and finance engine of terror. China buys the majority of it’s oil from Iran. The US buys the majority of it’s manufactured goods from China.

If strangling terror of it’s money flow is to be taken serious, China has to be hobbled or Iran has to be dealt with. The global economy is set up in such a way that it would be a difficult and painful scenario. No country can out produce their combination of capital driven communism. You simply can’t compete against slave labor.

Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Except Stellantis inherited that revival. Does a single person here actually believe that and CDRJ dealer is capable of providing the buying and service experience that a $110,000 customer would expect and demand?
No lounge with hostess served tea and crumpets, but I actually had an excellent buying experience and have had good service experience on my GC with one local dealer. The other local dealer is greedy, opportunistic, shady, and service is lacking ( one service writer excepted). I don’t know how they stay in business when everyone I know who has had dealings with them they piss off

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Has anyone seen that company making hydrogen disks for fuel cells? Basically a thin film which the hydrogen is bound to and then gets released with lasers or some type of light.
Apparently, it is orders of magnitude cheaper to make than pressurized liquid H2.
You just pull out the large cassette and swap in a new one and Bob's your uncle.
While you cannot recharge them, the company does. Once the service life is hit, the thing is recycled and the deuterium which is 100% recovered, covers the full cost of the recycling.

I could imagine something like that for a Jeep.
Especially if you had a big ass front trunk where you can keep 1 or 2 cassettes to swap for extra range off road.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
You must not have lived through the 80's where everything had a turbo sticker on it... everything.
I'm old enough to have been an enthusiast in the 1980s. In fact, I bolted my first turbo to a vehicle (VW Scirocco) in 1978. At that time, the only factory turbos were the Porsche 930 and the Saab 99. My point was, that up until the Taycan, vehicles with turbo stickers actually had turbochargers. Now, on the Taycan at least, it's merely a marketing moniker. Of all of the manufacturers, you would think that Porsche would know better.

Last edited:

gerlbaum

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle Sport Diesel
To me, logic dictates we have the best of both worlds: Green and oil. Like it or not, oil comes from the Middle East and green comes from China. If you have a choice, they tend to compete and bring the price down. That’s why I don’t get this outlaw, ban, and mandate stuff. It’s obtuse.

Give us a choice and help support all those choices and maybe we can get them to compete for our business.

Throw hydrogen in there too. I thought everything was about diversity anyway? At least that’s what’s been getting curb stopped into me at work the past 2 years.

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Except Stellantis inherited that revival. Does a single person here actually believe that and CDRJ dealer is capable of providing the buying and service experience that a $110,000 customer would expect and demand?
My selling dealer's showroom aesthetic, and my own vehicle delivery experience, was perhaps one step removed from what we might observe at an EZ-Credit used car lot. The building's facade looking clean and inviting, but that's as far as it went.

Everything worked out as it should, but a more sensitive soul, esp. one who just purchased a $80K Wrangler or a $100K Demon, might have been disappointed by the cut-rate vibe of things.

The Honda dealer at which my wife purchased her new CR-V made the delivery experience feel special, which is exactly what she wanted.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Honda dealers are great, never had a bad experience. Lexus dealers are great too.

Every single Jeep dealer that I've been to has been like a second tier dealer. Over lighted, cheap looking, pushy sales people in bad dress clothes or the golf shirt/dress slacks look. Run down, crowded lots. The dealer where I bought my JK actually had Jeep sales set up in portable buildings. The dealer where I bought my current Jeep was a big white and glass monolith that reminds me of every new car dealer built in the 90s.

Dadawada

First Name
Barrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited, 2020 Honda Goldwing Bagger
Occupation
Network Technology Executive
Vehicle Showcase
....Cause everyone knows electricity is free and comes from unicorn milk and out of the ethers in the air...:headbang:

Jeep Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
duuuude
Iran is the predominant state sponsor and finance engine of terror. China buys the majority of it’s oil from Iran. The US buys the majority of it’s manufactured goods from China.

If strangling terror of it’s money flow is to be taken serious, China has to be hobbled or Iran has to be dealt with. The global economy is set up in such a way that it would be a difficult and painful scenario. No country can out produce their combination of capital driven communism. You simply can’t compete against slave labor.
I know that you meant well in your intentions, but please, for the love of God and humanity, quit listening to the Presstitute Media!
Sponsored