Sponsored

No more affiliate pricing?

Vrrooom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Regardless of affiliate pricing, Chapman has some great pricing on all their products.
Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I just called the Affiliates Reward department and they stated that the program is not ending.

She did say that a lot of dealerships are no longer accepting it and if a dealership says no, go elsewhere.

Last edited:

RemisPaPa

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-350
Occupation
Retired Marine, DoD Civilian
I’m really curious who’s math is wrong. Some on here are saying 1% below invoice saved $600 on a $60,000 vehicle. When I do the math for what Gupton is offering it’s more like $8040. I know that’s the full discount, but WAY more than $600.
Not nearly Gupton price but a dealer here in SoCal quoted me $53,000+ on a $61,000 build.
Just trying to sort it out before I order. I don’t think hundreds of people would be flying in to Nashville for a $600 savings.

James202198

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys
Occupation
F&I Manager at Jeep Dealership
Vehicle Showcase
It’s at the dealers discretion… since inventory is so low and plenty of people will pay full pop, a lot of dealers aren’t doing affiliate pricing.

Vrrooom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I’m really curious who’s math is wrong. Some on here are saying 1% below invoice saved $600 on a $60,000 vehicle. When I do the math for what Gupton is offering it’s more like $8040. I know that’s the full discount, but WAY more than $600.
Not nearly Gupton price but a dealer here in SoCal quoted me $53,000+ on a $61,000 build.
Just trying to sort it out before I order. I don’t think hundreds of people would be flying in to Nashville for a $600 savings.
The affiliate pricing for some dealers is a 1% discount (some will just offer 1% below invoice as their affiliate pricing). The other discounts offered by the dealer is separate from the affiliate program. The other discounts are what that specific dealer is offering and the affiliate adds 1% discount.

Example: dealer A- offers 4% below invoice. additional 1% for affiliate code. additional 1% for financing with them.

So in this case dealer A is giving you 4% below invoice. That affiliate code is adding a discount of about 1% of invoice, which in a $60k vehicle is $600.

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Vehicles have MSRP which is Sticker Price

They also have invoice which is "what the dealership pays."

If the invoice price of the vehicle is 60k, 1% of 60k = $600.

You will get the difference between MSRP and Invoice plus the 1% off.

For example:

MSRP is 63k
Invoice is 60k

You would get $3600 off of the sticker price.

Dealerships like Gupton do an additional discount as well. This is not part of the Affiliate Rewards program.

Big_Lebowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 2016 JKUR Rock Crawler
Occupation
I glow in the dark!
I verified through Walter at Gupton, that I will still get the discount for Affiliate Rewards on my sold order, even if delivery is after 10/1.

4XEJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
I verified through Walter at Gupton, that I will still get the discount for Affiliate Rewards on my sold order, even if delivery is after 10/1.
Did Gupton do Sold order protection?

Big_Lebowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 2016 JKUR Rock Crawler
Occupation
I glow in the dark!
Did Gupton do Sold order protection?
I have no idea. I know Walter said the price we agreed to on the order, is the price I will pay on delivery. My POC did show "4EA Sold Vehicle" and "Scheduling Priority: 1-Sold Order." Not sure if either of those indicated Sold Order Protection.

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
Was going to place an order this week and was told by my dealer that FCA/Jeep is no longer honoring affiliate pricing (.ie. Tread Lightly). Has anyone else received similar information? I am probably going to wait for 2022 order banks to open and see how everything shakes out before I order.
The dealership is lying. Essentially what’s going on is some dealerships are opting out of honoring affiliate programs because of the current state of the automotive market. I purchased my Jeep from Peterson in Nampa, ID and they honored my Tread Lightly membership. So in short, the answer to your question is, it depends on the dealership.

Sponsored

4XEJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
The dealership is lying. Essentially what’s going on is some dealerships are opting out of honoring affiliate programs because of the current state of the automotive market. I purchased my Jeep from Peterson in Nampa, ID and they honored my Tread Lightly membership. So in short, the answer to your question is, it depends on the dealership.
I don't believe you're accurate here. There's lots of info that the affiliate program IS going away at least temporarily on 10/1. The question remains for those of us with orders that were intending on using AR and taking delivery past 10/1, what is jeeps official guidance.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I don't believe you're accurate here. There's lots of info that the affiliate program IS going away at least temporarily on 10/1. The question remains for those of us with orders that were intending on using AR and taking delivery past 10/1, what is jeeps official guidance.
Call the Affiliates Reward Department and see what they say.

I called this morning and the rep stated that it was not true.

4XEJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
Call the Affiliates Reward Department and see what they say.

I called this morning and the rep stated that it was not true.
I think that's likely a case where the left arm doesn't know what the right arm is doing. The dealers were notified of this last week. But unfortunately it created a lot of confusion for those of us with orders coming after 10/1.

CCWillys

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GC, JLU Willys on the way
I got the call that my jeep is in today. Then my sales rep told me that Chrysler Crop dropped the affiliates program. I called FCA Affiliates and they were not aware of this.
Looks like there’s a common theme here among other dealers, so what’s accurate? Is it true now, or is 10/1 the date?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Was going to place an order this week and was told by my dealer that FCA/Jeep is no longer honoring affiliate pricing (.ie. Tread Lightly). Has anyone else received similar information? I am probably going to wait for 2022 order banks to open and see how everything shakes out before I order.

When I picked up my wrangler about a month ago I was told because of inventory shortages they were not allowing affiliate below invoice pricing on any current inventory on the lot, only on vehicles being custom ordered.
Sponsored