Sponsored

AC Inverter not working

discobean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Hi all,

Is there anything you have to do to get the AC inverter in the back working? Mine just doesn't seem to supply any power.
Sponsored

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
Hi all,

Is there anything you have to do to get the AC inverter in the back working? Mine just doesn't seem to supply any power.
Just tested mine with a multimeter (Plugging in power cord to the inverter outlet. Tried both 3 pin and 2 pin cords. Apparently there is a safety switch in the connector which needs a power cord inserted). Output of 233VAC at either Accessories or Run. Haven't had to do anything to it, although the manual does indicate if the power rating of the plugged in device exceeds 170W the inverter may have to be manually reset. From other blogs, this just seems to be unplugging the device to reset the inverter.

OP
OP
discobean

discobean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Just tested mine with a multimeter (Plugging in power cord to the inverter outlet. Tried both 3 pin and 2 pin cords. Apparently there is a safety switch in the connector which needs a power cord inserted). Output of 233VAC at either Accessories or Run. Haven't had to do anything to it, although the manual does indicate if the power rating of the plugged in device exceeds 170W the inverter may have to be manually reset. From other blogs, this just seems to be unplugging the device to reset the inverter.
So 2 pin cord worked also? I only tested 2 pin

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
So 2 pin cord worked also? I only tested 2 pin
Yes, both 2 and 3 pin cords worked, so the earth pin is not the switch.
Did you look for a fuse? F110, 30 Amp Pink Cartridge fuse is reportedly for the Power Inverter. I have heard of seating issues where fuses are not pushed in correctly from factory.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
What model and colour is your Jeep?

Are you referring to the 12V outlet in the boot?

Sponsored

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
What model and colour is your Jeep?

Are you referring to the 12V outlet in the boot?
The Rubicon and Overland have a 240V inverter built in, plug is in the back of the front console between the front seats.
Sponsored