COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
Hi all,
I found there are two new accessories listed on the official site.
Anyone has any idea about what is bonnet latch? Is it a kind of hood lock?

1FD93CD3-DAC4-416E-85AE-BBC500F05DA6.png
Sponsored

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
The bonnet latch is for the sides to replace the rubber ones. The bonnet lock is separate as per the photo above.

OP
OP
COKENOGOOD

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
The bonnet latch is for the sides to replace the rubber ones. The bonnet lock is separate as per the photo above.
..if it just replaced rubber one with metal..it seems like unworthy to spent $300

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
Why do they sell giant American flag decals in the Australian market?
Especially when we have the Euro steel hood/bonnet. It is a totally different shape to the aluminium hood of the US version. Perhaps that detail escaped them.

Sponsored

OP
OP
COKENOGOOD

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
The weird thing I found is both can only be found in Jeep.com.au, they are not in US website, either in MOPAR US. However they were mentioned in the catalog from mopar.

devaka

First Name
Devaka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Have any of you claimed that 500$ voucher ? .

Muddog17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only the JL 2 door Sport S - what more do I need!
Occupation
Self emplyed
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Devaka,

Yes I have. I got my Sport S back in June. I have added the rubber floor mats and door sill protection. I also added the mud flaps back and front but as my came with the rock rails they could not be fitted (you think they would have known that since it was ordered that way!). I now haqve on order things I can do myself like the jack stand and the 7inch screen protector.

What I really want is a soft top for my 2 door but none in Australia at the moment. I will have to do a special order.

devaka

First Name
Devaka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Thank you Muddog17, Luckily it all came along with my Rubi.

Sponsored

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
You had to of taken delivery of your car by end of June or some rubbish like that.. It was seriously a terrible bit of work from Jeep Australia...

Even though a lot of us ordered our car at launch, because we couldnt take delivery before end of June, none of us could get that $500 voucher.. so bad of jeep, so bad...

OP
OP
COKENOGOOD

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
I was trying to request the bonnet lock via Jeep website last night.
Today there is a guy from a dealer called me, he cannot make the order from their system. Its apparently these accessories are unavailable.

Muddog17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only the JL 2 door Sport S - what more do I need!
Occupation
Self emplyed
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, ordering Jeep accessories are usually not too much fun. Most dealers do not know what they have. I don't know if is their fault or Jeep Australia.

I tried to order 2 door soft top about 6 weeks ago and was told there are none on stock.

Last week I rang the dealer where I brought Sunshine to try again. Well as usual great customer service. The receptionist put me through to the parts area and from them it just bounced back to the receptionist and back to parts about 5 times. I gave up!!

I then rang my local dealer. I was able to leave a message. He rang back 5 minutes later and I was soon ordering my soft top. He siad allow about 4 weeks. So the wait began.

Anyway 8 days ( yes 8 days later!) he rang and said he had it in stock.

I now have a very sexy 2 door Hellayella with a soft top. Gotta love this weather.

Just waiting for ARB to release their goodies now.

Have fun everyone.

OP
OP
COKENOGOOD

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
Yes, ordering Jeep accessories are usually not too much fun. Most dealers do not know what they have. I don't know if is their fault or Jeep Australia.

I tried to order 2 door soft top about 6 weeks ago and was told there are none on stock.

Last week I rang the dealer where I brought Sunshine to try again. Well as usual great customer service. The receptionist put me through to the parts area and from them it just bounced back to the receptionist and back to parts about 5 times. I gave up!!

I then rang my local dealer. I was able to leave a message. He rang back 5 minutes later and I was soon ordering my soft top. He siad allow about 4 weeks. So the wait began.

Anyway 8 days ( yes 8 days later!) he rang and said he had it in stock.

I now have a very sexy 2 door Hellayella with a soft top. Gotta love this weather.

Just waiting for ARB to release their goodies now.

Have fun everyone.
So it really depends on which dealer you are dealing with...where did you get the soft top? I’m going to try them. I not only want to buy the bonnet lock, but also want the rear steel bumper if I give up waiting for ARB.