Auto windows (Up & Down)

JDJL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 6spd
Yeah I've been on the fence about getting this one due to lack of safety features. My kids ride in the back although the youngest is almost 10 years old, so they should know better... "should" is the key word. I guess I could turn off the controls for the back windows. But if I had a choice, I'd go with the version with safety features.
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Yeah I've been on the fence about getting this one due to lack of safety features. My kids ride in the back although the youngest is almost 10 years old, so they should know better... "should" is the key word. I guess I could turn off the controls for the back windows. But if I had a choice, I'd go with the version with safety features.
I haven’t tested it, but I suppose I could.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I haven’t tested it, but I suppose I could.
@Chocolate Thunder

Careful..... you could end up shattering the window or more then one window. Do not place say a broom handle in there or bother to test, etc.. cause there is that much pinch..

Just know / take for granted / as a given, that there is no pinch protection/"auto reverse" and thus, there is pinch enough to kill a kid, a dog, break a finger, etc...

I am not being negative but just telling it like it is..

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
@Chocolate Thunder

Careful..... you could end up shattering the window or more then one window. Do not place say a broom handle in there or bother to test, etc.. cause there is that much pinch..

Just know / take for granted / as a given, that there is no pinch protection/"auto reverse" and thus, there is pinch enough to kill a kid, a dog, break a finger, etc...

I am not being negative but just telling it like it is..
Stop posting this garbage. Yes there is no auto reverse on this kit. It stops under pressure.. probably enough to choke a person yes, I don't deny that. Its not going to shatter your window. IT WILL STOP.

Now grab a jeep without, show me "auto reverse", I have yet to see that occur on a Jeep. Granted I only tested on one other Jeep, but it acted the same way, little pressure, and the window stops (You know I guess I could put a weight pull hook on it someday to compare).

I agree that there is too much force... but I disagree that FCA does it better.

However, disable rear window control, and the problem is fixed. Kids have no access to switch, and the front switch works like it does from factory (hold for up and down).

Still want to see the talented dog pull up on window switch the same time part of it is out the window. :)

Please buy and try first, until then its only your opinion. Any reasonable adult can handle this new fangled technology. :)

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Received mine this week and installed it this afternoon. Yup, very straight forward. I ran into some weird things that I thought I'd share, just in case you run into them as well.

After initial install, the front window auto up/down feature worked, but it didn't on the rear windows. They still went up/down as usual, just not automatically. It drove me crazy and I checked wires, re-checked wires and eventually realized that when I took off the center dash panel, I must have hit the window lock feature. Duh! Unlocked the windows and the auto up/down feature worked on all four windows.

From there, I thought I was done, but the FOB functionality was missing. Once again checked the wires, and after a while with no success, I tried pushing all of the wires on the black control box in. That seemed to be it, as the FOB features started working immediately. Best guess is that, in the process of squeezing the white harness through the center dash to under the steering column, I must have shaken something loose.

I have a way of taking a 20 minute install and making it a couple of hours.

BTW, I didn't realize this, but when you're in the car, you can hit the same FOB button combinations on the switches in the doors! That way, you can open all, close all windows with one series of button presses. Great device!

Last edited:

Sponsored

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
This is just one more thing Id like to buy and use but they do not make it for the best doors. I mean two doors.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
One thing of note that my installer mentioned regarding the installation video. In the video he splices the module’s purple wire into the driver side door wiring harness. He noted that by doing it this way, you won’t be able to remove the doors without pulling the wire loose. It should be spliced into the body side of the wiring of the driver door, not the door wire harness itself.

JDJL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 6spd
Vapor ware, as anticipated
Apparently, so. It's been over 2.5 years since they made the announcement. I just placed my order for this 3W product.

Last edited:

NAFLE

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Sports CEO
I just received mine today and ready to install. Quick question, I also received an additional fuse box with 2 red wires. Do I need to hook this up between the red battery wire and the battery? If so, does it matter which wire connects the the battery wire then to the battery?

A69A6CCE-2D6A-48D6-910C-046C6C6954AB.jpeg

JDJL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 6spd
I just received mine today and ready to install. Quick question, I also received an additional fuse box with 2 red wires. Do I need to hook this up between the red battery wire and the battery? If so, does it matter which wire connects the the battery wire then to the battery?

Jeep Wrangler JL Auto windows (Up & Down) A69A6CCE-2D6A-48D6-910C-046C6C6954AB
How many fuses did you get in total? My set came with one fuse on the red wire that runs to the battery. If you don't have that fuse built into the wiring harness, then yes, you'll need to connect this fuse between the battery and the module. It doesn't matter which red wire connects to the battery since fuses work in both directions.

Otherwise if you have 2 fuses, then they sent you an extra.

Sponsored

TimR

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
One thing of note that my installer mentioned regarding the installation video. In the video he splices the module’s purple wire into the driver side door wiring harness. He noted that by doing it this way, you won’t be able to remove the doors without pulling the wire loose. It should be spliced into the body side of the wiring of the driver door, not the door wire harness itself.
Actually you can. I just added quick disconnects to the wires. So when I take my doors off, I just disconnect them. I'm sure there are multiple ways of approaching it.

rfm8os

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2022 Cadillac CT-5 V

Jeep Wrangler JL Auto windows (Up & Down) A69A6CCE-2D6A-48D6-910C-046C6C6954AB
I lost track of this thread and am now confused. Is the product you guys are talking about the 3W one being sold on Amazon?

3W Car Power Window Closer Module-Roll Up Window Lifter Remote Locking Security System Compatible with Jeep Wrangler JL,Gladiator JT Full Four Doors (2018-2021)

NAFLE

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Sports CEO

TimR

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

SSVi

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Occupation
Extreme metal drummer/ large cat wrangler / gun modder
Great mod, but those of you with with small children and pets please be extra careful as the window rises with considerable speed and force.

We plan on introducing a plug-and-play version later this year with automatic safety anti-pinch (auto-reverse) technology, auto up, global (all windows at once) and remote features.
Did this ever go into production? I checked your site and can’t find any trace of it.
Sponsored