RV Towing wiring Harness

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian
FLSteve DID receive the instructions and if you email us, we can send to you as well. (I'm not clever enough to put them on the website.)
Thanks, l'll go to website & send request.
Sponsored

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
@CoolTech
Any particular reason the install instructions for the JL/JT Tow Harness Kit (JL18CTTOWH) aren't posted on your web site? I too would like to see the complexity or ease of install prior to purchase. I saw that FLSteve asked in post #47 for a copy with no response.
I found an excellent u-tube video featuring the JL install before I did mine 3 - 4 months ago. I had zero issues with my install. Just take it slow and steady, testing each circuit as described in both the instructions and the video.

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian
I found an excellent u-tube video featuring the JL install before I did mine 3 - 4 months ago. I had zero issues with my install. Just take it slow and steady, testing each circuit as described in both the instructions and the video.
Thanks I'll look for the video. I did receive an email from CoolTech very prompt. The install instruction are very detailed and easy to follow. It is a relatively easy install you don't have to hang upside down and hold your tongue just right or any other gymnastics. CoolTech is the way I'll go.

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Does anyone have the pdf of the install instructions for the JL Cooltec RV harness. I installed it in 2018 and it works great towing the Jeep behind the RV...

..BUT now that I want to tow something behind the Jeep with the factory tow/light option that was an option I had when I purchased the Jeep.. the headlights/running light do not work... right/left turn signals are fine along with brake light..... just no headlights/running lights..

I just can figure it out and leaving for a trip Friday/tomorrow..

any help/tips are greatly appreciated....I checked fuses-looked good....could it be the cooltec harness...
-Chris

Dcmtfam

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Does anyone have the pdf of the install instructions for the JL Cooltec RV harness. I installed it in 2018 and it works great towing the Jeep behind the RV...

..BUT now that I want to tow something behind the Jeep with the factory tow/light option that was an option I had when I purchased the Jeep.. the headlights/running light do not work... right/left turn signals are fine along with brake light..... just no headlights/running lights..

I just can figure it out and leaving for a trip Friday/tomorrow..

any help/tips are greatly appreciated....I checked fuses-looked good....could it be the cooltec harness...
-Chris
Contact the guys at cool Tech they have great customer service

Sponsored

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I can not find a phone # for cooltec to contact their customer service. Why is it not on their website. It used to be. Any tips on their phone #.

Dcmtfam

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I can not find a phone # for cooltec to contact their customer service. Why is it not on their website. It used to be. Any tips on their phone #.
Go to the Contacts site and send them an email they’re very quick to respond

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Thank you all. I have what I need from this group to dig in. It is greatly appreciated. I will keep you posted.

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Update: It was a fuse “r90” location (specially 20 amp) I thought I checked them all but the was one more associated with the lights.... so many fuses.

hopefully it does not blow again( I have extra if it does and will have to do more digging... all set for now

thanks

ktfjammer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangle Sahara Unlimited
Hello guys. We are in the final stages of completing our Tow Harness Kit for the new Wrangler JL. We expect to have the harnesses announced later this week and with availability within the next ~15-days. We want to have a kit that is very easy for the end-user to install, is robust from a reliability perspective, and takes advantage of all the knowledge that we've gained from selling tow harnesses for the last 10+ years for TJ's and JK's. I'll post another update here before the end of the week.
Would like to know if this harness will install on the 2018 Sahara JL Unlimited. I heard, from another thread, the aftermarket wiring harness cancels out the blind spot sonar on the JLUS. I have the blind spot sonar on my jeep.
Thank you

Sponsored

CoolTech

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Would like to know if this harness will install on the 2018 Sahara JL Unlimited. I heard, from another thread, the aftermarket wiring harness cancels out the blind spot sonar on the JLUS. I have the blind spot sonar on my jeep.
Thank you
Our harness is 100% compatible with the BLIS. NOTHING is canceled out or non-functional after installing our harness. I would guess that the majority of our harness customers have the LED package and the Blind Spot Indicator System. There are no anomalies.

ktfjammer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangle Sahara Unlimited
Our harness is 100% compatible with the BLIS. NOTHING is canceled out or non-functional after installing our harness. I would guess that the majority of our harness customers have the LED package and the Blind Spot Indicator System. There are no anomalies.
Thank you so much

FLSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-door Rubicon & 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk
Hello guys. We are in the final stages of completing our Tow Harness Kit for the new Wrangler JL. We expect to have the harnesses announced later this week and with availability within the next ~15-days. We want to have a kit that is very easy for the end-user to install, is robust from a reliability perspective, and takes advantage of all the knowledge that we've gained from selling tow harnesses for the last 10+ years for TJ's and JK's. I'll post another update here before the end of the week.
Hey guys ... are you planning to develop a Tow Harness Kit for the 2024 Wranglers?

JAC34

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Hello all,

I'm trying to find the easiest product to hook up my '18 JLU for flat towing behind RV. I already hooked up wiring to the back of the jee[ for towing trailers but now I need a connection in the front for flat towing.

Is there an easy plug n play solution if you already ran the wiring to the back of the jeep or is that irrelevant and totally separate? Trying to save a headache here if possible.
Sponsored