RV Towing wiring Harness

smoore11

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKZ, BMW X3, Jeep Sahara JL, Newmar Dutchstar 4369
My Jeep Wrangler JL is to be delivered tomorrow. The dealer says he cannot find the part number for the RV Towing wiring Harness to order one. Has anymore been able to get a part number from Morpar? The media release last year said these parts would be available when the JLs were in the dealerships.
Sponsored

OP
OP
smoore11

smoore11

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Kenc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM TRX, 2020 C8 Corvette, and a Wrangler 392
Occupation
Boat Builder
I believe that kit is to setup the JL to tow a trailer. I want to tow the JL behind my RV. The lights need to connect to the supplemental braking system. Thanks for your reply.
I need the same harness for my JL toad..... following this thread

Sponsored

SixteenPaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I believe that kit is to setup the JL to tow a trailer. I want to tow the JL behind my RV. The lights need to connect to the supplemental braking system. Thanks for your reply.
Oh. Sorry, I miss understood. I’ll keep my eye out.

Skye

First Name
Skye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Nuclear FSE
Ah! You're flat towing the jeep! I misunderstood.

OP
OP
smoore11

smoore11

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I need the same harness for my JL toad..... following this thread
Do you have your Baseplate? I ordered the Roadmaster 521450-5 3 weeks ago and got it today.

Moytz

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JK

blightle

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon (JL)
My Jeep Wrangler JL is to be delivered tomorrow. The dealer says he cannot find the part number for the RV Towing wiring Harness to order one. Has anymore been able to get a part number from Morpar? The media release last year said these parts would be available when the JLs were in the dealerships.
Any luck finding a part number for the flat tow vehicle harness for the JL? I had the harness on my 2009 JK (which was part number 82211156AB) but can't find for the JL. Like you, I noted that one was supposed to be released.

Sponsored

txbonds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport JL
Vehicle Showcase
Any luck finding a part number for the flat tow vehicle harness for the JL? I had the harness on my 2009 JK (which was part number 82211156AB) but can't find for the JL. Like you, I noted that one was supposed to be released.
Waiting on a kit like that myself. Does that stay installed once you put it in with only the pig tail between motorhome and Jeep getting attached for towing?

CoolTech

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Hello guys. We are in the final stages of completing our Tow Harness Kit for the new Wrangler JL. We expect to have the harnesses announced later this week and with availability within the next ~15-days. We want to have a kit that is very easy for the end-user to install, is robust from a reliability perspective, and takes advantage of all the knowledge that we've gained from selling tow harnesses for the last 10+ years for TJ's and JK's. I'll post another update here before the end of the week.

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Hello guys. We are in the final stages of completing our Tow Harness Kit for the new Wrangler JL. We expect to have the harnesses announced later this week and with availability within the next ~15-days. We want to have a kit that is very easy for the end-user to install, is robust from a reliability perspective, and takes advantage of all the knowledge that we've gained from selling tow harnesses for the last 10+ years for TJ's and JK's. I'll post another update here before the end of the week.
Hey Kendall .... I worked with you (tested the alpha harness) when you came up with the first JK harness back in 2007. Good to see you are coming up with a harness for the JL. Can tell everyone here, Cool Tech, LLC, excels in Customer Service and their product offerings are tops...

Last edited:

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
Good news. I’ll get one ordered as soon as available

CoolTech

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I'm really thinking that JL owners will like the design of our harness - with unparalleled circuit isolation (absolutely no chance of backfeeding, etc), and a solution that, by design, is 100% compatible with if not supportive of auxiliary braking devices! Sorry for the tease, but we are super-excited with this solution!!
Sponsored