lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
As you can see I have a Door Fetish. EAG Tube Doors and Bestop 2-piece Fabric doors

Jeep Wrangler JL Lightsout 4xe Build all doors sm
Sponsored

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
I bought the Lectron Tesla adapter on amazon, they have one on warehouse deals for $119
Jeep Wrangler JL Lightsout 4xe Build all doors sm
Are you having issues with it? Everyone else seems to say that none of the adapters work and in some cases cause a CEL issue.

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Are you having issues with it? Everyone else seems to say that none of the adapters work and in some cases cause a CEL issue.
Been Flawless for me plugged in right now and working fine.

CTEL23

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe, Ford Expedition Stealth
First off great job tricking out your Jeep! You've made a lot of great choices.

I've got a couple of questions with regards to the assault wheels. Did you have to upgrade your tire carrier as a result of the wheel?

Did you need to relocate the brake light and/or the back up camera?

Thanks in advance for your time.

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
First off great job tricking out your Jeep! You've made a lot of great choices.

I've got a couple of questions with regards to the assault wheels. Did you have to upgrade your tire carrier as a result of the wheel?

Did you need to relocate the brake light and/or the back up camera?

Thanks in advance for your time.
I did install the rough country Spare relocation bracket. Brake light and camera was just fine no modification needed

Sponsored

F@llen Ic0n

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xE Rubicon
What phone mount are you using? I went to purchase the Bullet Point, but it says it is not compatible with the 4xE

dan1000

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe >-- Bluebird Wanderlodge PT-38
I bought one, and it's hit and miss. Often, when I plug in to the 4xe, I quickly get a red charge fault light on the 4xe. If I then depower and repower the Tesla charger, it then works fine. My charger is from a 2015 Tesla Model S. I'd love to learn how to avoid this issue, but there it is.

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
What phone mount are you using? I went to purchase the Bullet Point, but it says it is not compatible with the 4xE

I am using the Bullet point mount. it is correct it does not fit as is but can easily be modified to fit just need a hacksaw, There is a L-shape bend on one side you simply cut off 3/8" of that bend and then it is a PERFECT fit...

Jeep Wrangler JL Lightsout 4xe Build phone 1

Jeep Wrangler JL Lightsout 4xe Build Phone 1a

Jeep Wrangler JL Lightsout 4xe Build Phone 4

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I bought one, and it's hit and miss. Often, when I plug in to the 4xe, I quickly get a red charge fault light on the 4xe. If I then depower and repower the Tesla charger, it then works fine. My charger is from a 2015 Tesla Model S. I'd love to learn how to avoid this issue, but there it is.
I have the Electron Tesla Adapter and my Charge cord is from my 2015 Tesla and works 100% of the time. I am using the cord that plugs into a 14-50 wall outlet not the Tesla on wall charger...

Jeep Wrangler JL Lightsout 4xe Build charge 2

21SargeJLUR

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sarge Green
Painted the ugly silver muffler and added Fox Shocks to the Teraflex ST1 lift

Jeep Wrangler JL Lightsout 4xe Build charge 2
Before you changed shocks, Did you have any issues with the ST1 kit? it doesnt have any shock extensions, Correct? I really want to do an ST1 on my Rubicon, but continue to have some concerns. I'd like to keep my factory shocks if possible and just add the ST1. Are the Fox shocks any longer than stock? Thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Before you changed shocks, Did you have any issues with the ST1 kit? it does not have any shock extensions, Correct? I really want to do an ST1 on my Rubicon, but continue to have some concerns. I'd like to keep my factory shocks if possible and just add the ST1. Are the Fox shocks any longer than stock? Thanks

When I originally installed the spacer lift I left the factory shocks and just extended them (which leaves you with less travel). The Fox Shocks I purchased are for a 2" lift. It turns out the 4xe has an extra inch from the factory so in reality that Teraflex 1.5" has to be treated like a 2.5" lift. You really should buy longer shocks or at least shock extension brackets. Also note because of the extra inch you also have to buy longer front and rear sway bar links. Also recommend adjustable track bar and new front lower LCA. That extra inch lift from the factory is a game changers. That one 1.5" lift now requires a lot more to make it compliant with Geometry.

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Before you changed shocks, Did you have any issues with the ST1 kit? it doesnt have any shock extensions, Correct? I really want to do an ST1 on my Rubicon, but continue to have some concerns. I'd like to keep my factory shocks if possible and just add the ST1. Are the Fox shocks any longer than stock? Thanks

Let me add, with the 1.5" teraflex and stock shocks I had some minor body roll, when I installed the Fox 2.0 that eliminated that roll as the Fox a 3000PSI compared to about 2000psi of the stock shocks. Also notice in the picture the sway bar is supposed to be 10-15 degrees angle and it is at 27-degrees at near full flex it comes in contact with the shock hence the need for longer 11" sway bar links (stock are 9" rear)

Jeep Wrangler JL Lightsout 4xe Build rear shock

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Here are a few lighting upgrades

Hood:
30" Rough Country Black Series LED Bar
twin Auxbeam 4" Side Shooter Cubes

Bumper:
16" Auxbeam Bar
5" AMBER Bars

Jeep Wrangler JL Lightsout 4xe Build All Lights on

Jeep Wrangler JL Lightsout 4xe Build LED Hood

Jeep Wrangler JL Lightsout 4xe Build Bumper lights

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Installed Mopar Brake controller. It replaces the Cig lighter on the upper console. Easy DIY Plug and play.

Jeep Wrangler JL Lightsout 4xe Build brake control 3

Jeep Wrangler JL Lightsout 4xe Build Brake COntrol 1

Jeep Wrangler JL Lightsout 4xe Build Brake controller 2

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Had the wrangler Wrapped in PPF (Paint Protection Film) which requires removing all the decals. Here are new decals from Pixel Decals I replaced the Rubicon Hood with my Own design black on black

Jeep Wrangler JL Lightsout 4xe Build hood 1

Jeep Wrangler JL Lightsout 4xe Build Name
Sponsored