DEdney1775

DEdney1775

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0 Sport
Ok, thanks to everyone for the input. I ended up going with this for ease of installation and cost. I'll be sure and update after it's in!
Jeep Wrangler JL Under seat powered subs?? Screenshot_20210512-161313_Amazon Shoppin
Sponsored

jlreal

First Name
Clarence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
Here is my 8” inverted. Sounds awesome for a little kick. It has quick disconnects to remove if I need the space. I will soon be replacing though cause i want more but I would highly recommend this solution. Under the seat for even the powered sub is tough. Ps: I have the heigh10 head unit.

kenwood pa-w801B

2C41F9BC-5CA7-4493-9853-BB28FDEF8E31.jpeg

OP
OP
DEdney1775

DEdney1775

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0 Sport
Here is my 8” inverted. Sounds awesome for a little kick. It has quick disconnects to remove if I need the space. I will soon be replacing though cause i want more but I would highly recommend this solution. Under the seat for even the powered sub is tough. Ps: I have the heigh10 head unit.

kenwood pa-w801B

Jeep Wrangler JL Under seat powered subs?? 2C41F9BC-5CA7-4493-9853-BB28FDEF8E31
See, that's kind of what I was thinking. Get a sub thas some sort of attachment system so it can be removed easily enough for me, but not people that see it.
Thanks for sharing this picture.

Flapilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
I install a kicker hideaway 10” today. It barely fit under the drivers seat but it works. We had to trim the floor mat a bit. It’s a great addition to the 6.5” components I put in the front and back. Filled in rest of the sound real nice.

If you are looking for a reasonably priced upgrade and don’t need to shake the car next to you, this is a really nice option.

Seat full aft
Jeep Wrangler JL Under seat powered subs?? CAB499EA-CAC2-4412-8C24-A655C9104F0E

seat in driving position.
Jeep Wrangler JL Under seat powered subs?? 02AD72EC-5FF1-4F8C-9FD6-6F0F61494C65

LSguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
I install a kicker hideaway 10” today. It barely fit under the drivers seat but it works. We had to trim the floor mat a bit. It’s a great addition to the 6.5” components I put in the front and back. Filled in rest of the sound real nice.

If you are looking for a reasonably priced upgrade and don’t need to shake the car next to you, this is a really nice option.

Seat full aft

seat in driving position.
I'm surprised that fit, pretty cool. Just a suggestion, but if it were mine I would raise it up a bit, or build some stilts and flip it so it's down firing, and then glue a bit of carpet to the back. You can get a roll of black carpet and spray adhesive as autozone pretty cheap, and you wouldn't even be able to tell that anythings there.

Sponsored

The kid

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL 4Dr 2.0 Tur
Not knowing a whole lot about audio upgrades, I've been searching around, trying to figure out how to upgrade my audio quality without breaking the bank and losing precious cargo space. I've been looking at powered subs. Do those fit under the seat very well?
A buddy of mine (non jeep owner) strongly suggested against a powered sub under the seat. He said it wouldn't sound that much better..

I'm not looking to enter audio contests. I just want a little more sound/bump with the top & doors off.
It also seems like a safer way to go because it wouldn't be out in plain sight like a sub in the rear cargo area.

Suggestions or opinions?
What yr n model is your jeep
Jeep Wrangler JL Under seat powered subs?? Screenshot_20210517-072051
Jeep Wrangler JL Under seat powered subs?? Screenshot_20210517-072013
Jeep Wrangler JL Under seat powered subs?? Screenshot_20210517-072123
Jeep Wrangler JL Under seat powered subs?? Screenshot_20210517-072105

Not knowing a whole lot about audio upgrades, I've been searching around, trying to figure out how to upgrade my audio quality without breaking the bank and losing precious cargo space. I've been looking at powered subs. Do those fit under the seat very well?
A buddy of mine (non jeep owner) strongly suggested against a powered sub under the seat. He said it wouldn't sound that much better..

I'm not looking to enter audio contests. I just want a little more sound/bump with the top & doors off.
It also seems like a safer way to go because it wouldn't be out in plain sight like a sub in the rear cargo area.

Suggestions or opinions?
Jeep Wrangler JL Under seat powered subs?? Screenshot_20210517-072051
Jeep Wrangler JL Under seat powered subs?? Screenshot_20210517-072013
Jeep Wrangler JL Under seat powered subs?? Screenshot_20210517-072123

OP
OP
DEdney1775

DEdney1775

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0 Sport
I'm surprised that fit, pretty cool. Just a suggestion, but if it were mine I would raise it up a bit, or build some stilts and flip it so it's down firing, and then glue a bit of carpet to the back. You can get a roll of black carpet and spray adhesive as autozone pretty cheap, and you wouldn't even be able to tell that anythings there.
I got mine in yesterday and will be installing it on Wednesday. Just curious. Why flip it? Does that offer better sound? I do like the idea of covering it with carpet, but will that prevent cooling?

LSguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
I got mine in yesterday and will be installing it on Wednesday. Just curious. Why flip it? Does that offer better sound? I do like the idea of covering it with carpet, but will that prevent cooling?
Not necessarily better sound, but as is you'll still be able to see the speaker if you carpet, as you can't carpet over the speaker it's self. Flipping it would be easy, just need some short wood blocks to raise it up, and you could hide it entirely. Covering an enclosure in carpet shouldn't affect cooling, just ensure you don't cover any vents.

sgtmajor138

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S Freedom package
Ok, thanks to everyone for the input. I ended up going with this for ease of installation and cost. I'll be sure and update after it's in!
How did the install go? Do you have to splice any wires or were you able to plug and play? I really want to improve the sound but am not going to spend a war pension since I am half deaf anyway.

OP
OP
DEdney1775

DEdney1775

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0 Sport
How did the install go? Do you have to splice any wires or were you able to plug and play? I really want to improve the sound but am not going to spend a war pension since I am half deaf anyway.
It was an easy job! Hiding/running the wires was the hardest part. I have an aftermarket head unit, so I just hooked into the rca jacks. I did splice into the blue amp wire on the back of the radio.
Definitely a huge difference in the bump in the music now!

Sponsored

sgtmajor138

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It was an easy job! Hiding/running the wires was the hardest part. I have an aftermarket head unit, so I just hooked into the rca jacks. I did splice into the blue amp wire on the back of the radio.
Definitely a huge difference in the bump in the music now!
I have the stock 5" Sport S radio with the stock speakers. I would just like a little better sound with the top off, to include a little more bass. I am not going to splice into the wire harness on the Jeep (at least for now), so I am looking for something that would help that is plug and play. I don't mind trimming a speaker housing to make it fit or pulling the face plate and radio to install wiring, but I was hoping I could add a powered sub like the Rockwell you bought and maybe some better speakers.

OP
OP
DEdney1775

DEdney1775

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0 Sport
I think if you have the stock radio, you will need some sort of adapter or converter to connect to this sub or any amp/sub combo.
I went this route because it was the cheapest way to get better bass. I did replace the dash speakers and the soundbar speakers as well.

CalPolyDM

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
There is 1 option available if you don’t want to lose foot space on the 2 door. I researched for a while to find the exact spec and size to fit as we didn’t want to lose foot space. Probably the same on a 4 door? It’s the infinity basslink mini, I have 1 under each seat. They do help a lot, but they won’t rattle your car. But, I too didn’t want to lose space so it was a trade-off.

Here’s the install look:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...20-jl-2-door-sound-system.57798/#post-1251414

Last edited:

LSguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
I have the stock 5" Sport S radio with the stock speakers. I would just like a little better sound with the top off, to include a little more bass. I am not going to splice into the wire harness on the Jeep (at least for now), so I am looking for something that would help that is plug and play. I don't mind trimming a speaker housing to make it fit or pulling the face plate and radio to install wiring, but I was hoping I could add a powered sub like the Rockwell you bought and maybe some better speakers.
You need what is called a Line output converter. This will convert signal from speaker wire into RCA outputs for a sub amp. Splice into the rear sound bar speaker wires. If you don't wish to cut the speaker wire, you could use something like these.

https://www.amazon.com/120-PCS-Wire...ocphy=9015651&hvtargid=pla-434396468819&psc=1

It clips onto the wire and slices the jacket.

Make sure you get a sub that has a built in crossover, otherwise you will be sending higher notes to the sub which it is not intended to play.

sgtmajor138

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You need what is called a Line output converter. This will convert signal from speaker wire into RCA outputs for a sub amp. Splice into the rear sound bar speaker wires. If you don't wish to cut the speaker wire, you could use something like these.

https://www.amazon.com/120-PCS-Wire...ocphy=9015651&hvtargid=pla-434396468819&psc=1

It clips onto the wire and slices the jacket.

Make sure you get a sub that has a built in crossover, otherwise you will be sending higher notes to the sub which it is not intended to play.
So if I order this:
https://smile.amazon.com/Rockford-R...ix=line+output+converter,aps,200&sr=8-12&th=1
along with this:
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B073W5ZMWN/?ref=idea_lv_dp_ov_d
And then add a few of these:
I should be able to easily wire in a powered sub.
Sponsored